Envision Pre-Optometry Club
Weber State University
Section 1. Weber State Pre-Optometry Club
Section 2. Non-profit organization
Section 3. To maintain membership in good standing one must:
· Filling out application form and paying membership fee (renewal or first time fee)
· Met with an advisor and declared pre optometry with Susan Himelright
· Gpa being above 3.00
· Participating at least 2 meeting s a semester
· Abiding by all rules and regulations imposed by school and state law
Section 4. The purposes of this organization are:
· To provide networking with professionals, scholarship providers, and recruiters in Optometry to better prepare candidates in the application process for Optometry school
· Provide opportunities for service
· Educate candidates about different Optometry programs
Section 1. Anyone interested in Optometry is eligible for membership.
Section 2. The two categories of membership are presidency and member.
Section 3. To obtain membership, one must fill out an application form and pay the
Section 4. See Article I, Section 3. A member can be removed from the rolls of the
organization for not abiding by any of the club’s rules. Removal will be
decided by a unanimous vote of the presidency.
Section 1. There are currently three officers but this number is subject to change.
The requirement for being an officer is based on seniority within the
Section 2. Duties and general responisibilites of an officer include:
· Planning meetings
· Delegating responsibilities
· Approval of activities
· Contacting professionals/recruiters
Section 1. No standing committees.
Section 2. No special committees.
Section 1. Regular meetings are to be held once a month with variable dates. They will
be called by the presidency.
Section 2. Two people are needed for a quorum.
Section 3. Decisions are made by approval of the presidency.
Section 4. Special meetings may be called by the presidency if necessary.
Section 1. The club shall not provide monetary gain, incidentally or otherwise, to its
directors or membership except as payment for services rendered in the
form of wages, salaries, or incentives.
Section 2. Residual assets shall be donated to Friends for Sight.
Section 1. Provisions for by-laws will be established by an online poll and presidency
Section 1. Anyone can propose a committee and submit the proposal to the presidency
for review. A two week notice will be given to members of an upcoming
vote and the committee will take effect immediately after a successful
Section 2. A presidency consensus is needed to pass a vote.
Date of Ramification:
Signatures of Officer/Witnesses: