|No. 8-10||Rev. 1-18-95||Date 11-12-80|
- PPM 9-16, Termination for Other Cause or Change in Status
- PPM 9-17 , Termination of Non-Tenured Faculty Members and Appeal of Tenure Denial Decision
A. Termination of faculty services to Weber State University is presently determined by the following regulations:
1. A faculty member initiates the termination by resigning from the position.
2. A faculty member is terminated during the probationary appointment at the end of a contract period by administrative action in accordance with the academic tenure policies.
B. Termination of service in any of the above three categories implies the following:
1. Automatic loss of tenure.
2. Automatic loss of rank and all associated privileges, except in cases of retirement.
If the department intends to re-hire a faculty member after their services have been terminated by administrative and Board of Trustees action, the following guidelines are to be observed:
The individual under consideration for re-hiring is to be treated like a new faculty member. The rank will be established in accordance with University hiring policies. The faculty member does not have tenure status unless a specific agreement between the provost, dean of the college, departmental faculty and the re-hired person is reached, whereby it becomes a condition of re-employment. In all such cases, the president has the final authority of decision. Ranking tenure evaluation committees consider previous service as a factor for granting tenure to the re-hired person but are not bound to do so.
The appropriate dean is to prepare an employment release form for all employees who are to be terminated. Submission of this form to the President's Office will eliminate payroll complications and facilitate checkout of equipment, Library materials, keys, etc., for the employee.