|No. 5-38||Rev.||Date 3-2-95|
The purpose of this policy is to establish a procedure for allocating space consistent with University mission and to optimize the usage of all space in support of the goals and objectives of the institution.
The President's Council authorizes the allocation of campus space for use by institutional programs. Buildings at Weber State University are the property of the state and are used to achieve the mission of the University. Departments, colleges and other administrative units do not have exclusive or preemptive rights to the occupancy of space.
III. UNIVERSITY SPACE PLANNING COMMITTEE
The University Space Planning Committee functions under President's Council authority and recommends space allocations through the Vice President for Administrative Services after obtaining applicable information from campus entities. The committee shall consist of the following members:
1. Associate Vice President for Facilities Services.
2. One administrator representing each Division of the University.
3. Director of Architectural Services.
4. Institutional Research representative.
5. At large representative.
Committee members are appointed annually by the President's Council. Terms of service will begin September 1 and conclude August 31. Members shall be appointed to provide diversity, expertise and continuity to the membership.
A. Changes in Categorical Usage
1. Deans, program administrators, and other individuals who are responsible for space assignment in their respective areas shall notify the appropriate supervising vice president/division administrator when currently assigned space is changing in usage categorically. (For example a classroom is converted to a computer lab.)
2. The vice president/division administrator shall notify the University Space Planning Committee and the committee will change the appropriate institutional records.
B. Changes in Space Availability
1. Deans, program administrators and other individuals who are responsible for space assignments shall notify the appropriate supervising vice president/division administrator when space becomes available for reallocation.
2. The vice president/division administrator shall notify the University Space Planning Committee that space is available for reallocation.
3. The committee will notify all campus entities that the space will be reallocated.
4. Interested campus entities will submit a written request to the University Space Planning Committee with a copy to the supervising vice president/division administrator. The request will contain information including proposed use, personnel to be housed, renovations required, funding availability, impact if the space is not received, and other pertinent data.
5. The supervising vice president/division administrator shall submit a recommendation to the committee regarding the departmental request.
6. The committee will review the requests and, if needed, hold discussions with the requestors.
7. The committee will submit a written recommendation to the Vice President for Administrative Services and notify the requestors of its recommendation.
8. The Vice President for Administrative Services will present the recommendation to President's Council for final approval.