Dr. Richard Elliott Scholarship
Alan and Jeanne Hall herein agree to make an annual charitable gift to establish the Dr. Richard Elliott Scholarship in Keyboard Studies. This scholarship honors Dr. Richard Elliott, Principal Organist for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
It is Alan and Jeanne Hall's desire that the recipients of this scholarship be exceptional students who demonstrate the same traits embodied by Dr. Elliott: respected leadership, strong mentoring skills, professional integrity, highly ethical in all aspects of life, drive, commitment to community, and artistic excellence in the area of keyboard studies.
- Recipients must have an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Recipients must be majoring in music with a declared emphasis in keyboard performance or keyboard pedagogy.
- Preference may be given to students who have taken lessons and demonstrated high proficiency in organ.
- Preference may be given to vocal/choral students who also excel in choral conducting.
- Recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours or more) while receiving the scholarship.