Dr. Mack Wilberg Scholarship in Music Composition/Arranging
Alan and Jeanne Hall herein agree to make an annual charitable gift to establish the Dr. Mack Wilberg Scholarship in Music Composition/Arranging.
This scholarship honors Dr. Mack Wilberg, Music Director for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
It is Alan and Jeanne Hall's desire that the recipients of this scholarship be exceptional students who demonstrate the same traits embodied by Dr. Jessop: respected leadership, strong mentoring skills, professional integrity, highly ethical in all aspects of life, drive, commitment to community, and artistic excellence in the area of music, music composition or arrangements..
The Sid & Mary Foulger School of Music in the WSU DPA shall award the Dr. Mack Wilberg Scholarship according to the following criteria:
- Recipients must have an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Recipients must have a declared major in either music performance, music pedagogy (any emphasis) or music education.
- Preference may be given to music students who also excel in music composition or arrangements.
- Recipients may be resident, non-resident, or international students.
- Preference should be given to continuing students. However, the scholarship may be used to recruit exceptionally talented incoming or transferring students, after consultation with the Halls.
- Recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours or more) while receiving the scholarship.
- The scholarship may be awarded to the same student(s) for multiple years, as long as the recipient continues to meet the required criteria.
- The scholarship may be awarded either in full to one student or as partial scholarships to two students.