Dr. Craig Jessop Scholarship in Vocal/Choral Studies
Alan and Jeanne Hall herein agree to make an annual charitable gift to establish the Dr. Craig Jessop Scholarship in Vocal/Choral Studies.
This scholarship honors Dr. Criag Jessop, Dean of the Caine College of Arts & Professor of Music at Utah State University and former Music Director for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
It is Alan and Jeanne Hall's desire that the recipients of this scholarship be exceptional students who demonstrate the same traits embodied by Dr. Jessop: respected leadership, strong mentoring skills, professional integrity, highly ethical in all aspects of life, drive, commitment to community, and artistic excellence in the area of vocal/choral studies.
The Sid & Mary Foulger School of Music in the WSU DPA shall award the Dr. Richard Elliott Scholarship according to the following criteria:
- Recipients must have an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Recipients must have a declared major in either vocal performance, vocal pedagogy or choral music education.
- Preference may be given to vocal/choral students who also excel in choral conducting.
- Recipients may be resident, non-resident, or international students.
- Preference should be given to continuing students. However, the scholarship may be used to recruit exceptionally talented incoming or transferring students, after consultation with the Halls.
- Recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours or more) while receiving the scholarship.
- The scholarship may be awarded to the same student(s) for multiple years, as long as the recipient continues to meet the required criteria.
- The scholarship may be awarded either in full to one student or as partial scholarships to two students.