» Rock Climbing Guides
The WSU Outdoor Program in Ogden, Utah hires and trains American Mountain Guides (AMGA) certified single pitch and rock instructors. Our Guides are locals and highly skilled to insure you have the very best experience. Ogden has many hidden gems with a plethora of climbing. But let’s Keep that our secret!
Choose your adventure, half day or full day sessions are available. Provide us with your current climbing ability and we will cater the experience to your needs.
April 1 – November 30
- Equipment included, as needed
- Custom rock climbing instruction
- Half day (1-5 hours): $110 per person; $75 each additional person, youth $50
- Full day (6-9 hours): $150 per person; $100 each additional person, youth $50
- Custom large groups are available by request (Group Climbing)
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Certification Course, and Assessment. The OP is a Provider for the American Mountain Guides Association Single Pitch Instructor Certification. Ask about a private course, or our next pre-programed course.
Register for your guided climbing by calling 801-626-6373
or email us OutdoorProgram@weber.edu
» Guided Group Climbing
Groups are what make the world go ‘round’. From Wall Street to Main Street to schools, non-profits and military personnel, we specialize in creating relevant team activities using our indoor climbing facility and the great outdoor terrain.
We custom tailor your group’s event to meet the unique needs of your team. All ages and all abilities can benefit from team rock climbing. Participants will come away with a new sense of trust, a fresh perspective on the importance of communication, and greater confidence gained from stepping outside their daily lives.
Our professional guides and instructors will lead you in goal-setting, then teach the basics of climbing and climbing safety skills. Partner-based problem-solving exercises provide the ultimate challenge.
Benefits of group rock climbing:
- Enhances group dynamics
- Shows that each person has a vital role in the success of a team
- Allows individuals to support each other
- Teaches participants to make changes quickly
- Strengthens through risk taking, as people step outside their comfort zone
- Stimulates creativity
- Inspires individuals to achieve excellence
- Facilitates communication as participants master challenges both mentally and physically
- Builds confidence within the individual, builds trust within the team
What kind of groups?
- Corporate Groups
- School Groups
- Outdoor Education
- Birthday Parties
- Executive Retreats
- Church Groups
- Sports Teams
- Military Training
- Team Building
- Special Events