Is Online Orientation right for you?
Welcome to Weber State! As a new student we want to introduce you to services and resources that can make your experience successful. Of course, we would love to share these opportunities with you at one of our on-campus orientation events but we also understand sometimes coming to campus just isn't feasible.
With your unique situation in mind, Online Orientation provides a brief introduction to the university, offers tutorials on registration and accessing your eWeber portal, and provides select Academic Advising.
Students who get the most out of Online Orientation typically:
- Live more than 100 miles from campus
- Are transferring from another institution with 30 or more credit hours
- Are returning to school after a significant break in their education
- Have full-time work or family commitments
- Are planning to take online classes only
- Are seeking a second bachelor's degree
Parents and family members are welcome to participate as well.
To be successful in navigating Online Orientation you should be familiar and comfortable with computers and the Internet. You are responsible for your own computer equipment, maintenance and setup as well as any software.
- Processor: Pentium 800 or higher
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
- DSL or Cable Internet connection is recommended
- Dial up connection is not recommended; however, if it is the only available connection it should be at least 56K
- Google Chrome (preferred)
- Internet Explorer 8
- Safari 3 or later
- Not compatible with Firefox