Is Online Orientation right for you?
Welcome to Weber State! As a new student we want to introduce you to services and resources that can make your experience successful. We would love to share these opportunities with you at one of our on-campus orientation events, but we also understand sometimes coming to campus just isn't feasible.
With your unique situation in mind, Online Orientation provides a brief introduction to the university, offers tutorials on registration and and using your eWeber portal, and provides select Academic Advising. Orientation (either in-person or online) is mandatory for all students. You must be logged in to earn credit for completing online orientation. You must setup your eWeber portal before you are able to login.
Students who get the most out of Online Orientation typically:
- Live more than 100 miles from campus
- Are transferring from another institution with 30 or more credit hours
- Are returning to school after a significant break in their education
- Have full-time work or family commitments
- Are planning to take online classes only
- Are seeking a second bachelor's degree
NOTE: Students planning on starting Summer 2017 or later need to complete the updated catalog year of online orientation. This version will be available Friday, March 10, 2017.
Steps to begin Online Orientation:
- Setup your eWeber portal (Students must be logged in to earn credit for mandatory orientation)
- Be sure your computer and internet are compatible with this technology (see below)
- Start Online Orientation Here! (Remember that you must be logged in to earn credit)
To be successful in navigating Online Orientation you should be familiar and comfortable with computers and the Internet. You are responsible for your own computer equipment, maintenance and setup as well as any software. Computer Requirements:
Windows: Processor Pentium 800 or higher, Operating System Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
Internet Access: DSL or Cable Internet connection is recommended. Dial up connection is not recommended; however, if it is the only available connection it should be at least 56K
Web Browser: Google Chrome (preferred), Internet Explorer 8, Safari 3 or later. Not compatible with Firefox
Parents and family members are welcome to participate in Online Orientation as well, but to earn credit, students must be logged in to their eWeber student portal and go to the link listed in the steps above.