This page contains information you might find useful in support of your assessment efforts.
- Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives
- Direct Evidence of Learning
- Evidence of Learning Worksheet (generic)
- Aligning Learning Outcomes in Chi Tester
- A rubric provides a means to assess students along a continuum of performance from 'exceptional' to 'does not meet expectations' (or whatever similar terminology best fits your assessment). Well-designed rubrics increase an assessment's construct and content validity when evaluation criteria are aligned to outcomes and curriculum. A well-designed rubric also contributes to assessment reliability by establishing criteria that can be applied consistently and objectively.
- This link will take you to examples of rubrics from various sources. If you have rubrics that you have found particularly useful and are willing to share them, please forward them to our office.