- Complete all required fields on the Submission Page
including the contact information for you and your sponsor. If
applicable, enter the coordinator
- Include an artist statement that addresses the
focus of your work. Your artist statement will be your abstract.
- Upload jpeg images of three of your artworks.
- These files should be no larger than 2M.
- In the adjacent fields list the title, year,
medium, and dimensions (H x W for 2-D; H x W x D for 3-D) and any special
equipment needed for the exhibition.
Sample Artist Statement
Nature transformed through industry is a predominant theme in my work. I set course to intersect with a contemporary view of the great ages of man; from stone, to minerals, oil, transportation, silicon, and so on. To make these ideas visible I search for subjects that are rich in detail and scale yet open in their meaning. Recycling yards, mine tailings, quarries and refineries are all places that are outside of our normal experience, yet we partake of their output on a daily basis.
These images are meant as metaphors to the dilemma of our modern existence; they search for a dialogue between attraction and repulsion, seduction and fear. We are drawn by desire - a chance at good living, yet we are consciously or unconsciously aware that the world is suffering for our success. Our dependence on nature to provide the materials for our consumption and our concern for the health of our planet sets us into an uneasy contradiction. For me, these images function as reflecting pools of our times.
Calendar for Accepted EntriesBy January 31st
• Provide access thorough a file sharing service such as yousendit to high-resolution images of your artworks that have been accepted into the exhibition. These higher-resolution images 30-50M will be used for the catalog.
By February 17th
• We will contact you to schedule a time for you talk about your artwork during the conference. The duration of the talks, including some time for Q&A will be between 10-15 minutes.
• Contracts will be mailed out.
By March 5th
Deadline for arrival of artwork, completed contract (which will have been previously emailed to you) and checklist (see below) of works to be exhibited at the Shaw Gallery. Shipping instructions.
• Two-dimensional work must be framed and ready to hang with picture wire or cleats.
• Artwork mounted with only sheet glass/Plexiglas and mirror hooks will not be accepted.
• Velcro or double-sided tape cannot be used on the gallery walls.
• Three-dimensional work must be stable and secure.
The Gallery reserves the right to refuse any work that is not properly framed and ready to hang or that is unstable or otherwise dangerous. All work must be clean and free of dirt and pests.
Submit a checklist in both digital format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in hard copy attached to the contract.
The checklist must contain the following information in the following specific format:
• Dimensions (unframed) in inches: H x W for 2-D work; H x W x D for 3-D work. (For irregular works, measure widest point.)
• Insurance Value
• Special Instructions: Include installation images and instructions for installation pieces and multi-piece works.
Please do not deviate from the format listed above since labels will be created from this information.
NCUR Conference Starts
Reception for Artists 5-7PM