Multicultural Student Scholarship Resources
Multicultural Student Center
The MSC is able to offer tuition and activity waivers to students who meet the following requirements.
- Must be actively participating in MSC leadership programs and Area Councils.
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be a full time student (at least 12 units)
- Must be an ethnic minority student
- Meet with mentor/advisor once a month as agreed upon.
- Submit Mid-term and final grades and discuss progress with mentor/Advisor.
- Making Progress towards a degree
- Volunteer for 10 hours per semester at an Area Council or MSC sponsored event
- Participate once a semester in a Scholarship Workshop
If you are a student who is interested in this scholarship, please visit the Multicultural Student Center for more information, call 801-626-7330 or email at email@example.com
Printable Referral Form (PDF)
Affidavit for Non-Resident Tuition Exemption (PDF)
The Forrest C. Crawford Distinguished Stewardship Award
About the Award:
This award has been created to honor Dr. Forrest C. Crawford, former Assistant to the President for Diversity, and professor of Teacher Education. It acknowledges Dr. Crawford’s remarkable energy and commitment to Weber State University (WSU), and, especially, his leadership of the University’s Diversity Initiative.
This award will be given to Weber State University graduate students who “have made exceptional contributions to the University, their profession or the public.”
The recipients of the Dr. Forrest C. Crawford Distinguished Stewardship Award through demonstration of sound educational practices will have:
- Improved a process
- Advocated for others
- Taken on leadership in their campus, academic field or profession
- Supported civic engagement
- Promoted multiculturalism with direct impacts to the campus or community.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Students must be graduate students attending WSU
- Students must have received their Bachelors’ from WSU
- Students must be involved with the Multicultural Student Center
Students will be evaluated according to:
Students from underserved populations will receive preference.
If you are a student who is interested in this scholarship, please visit the Multicultural Student Center for more information, call 801-626-7330 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org Award Recipient
Utah Private Scholarships
African American Scholarships
American Indian Scholarships
Asian American Scholarships
- Scholarships.com has an extensive list of scholarships for Hispanic students, and students can also conduct their own scholarship search based on other criteria.
- Fast Web also provides a list of scholarships for Hispanic and Latino students, including funds for both merit and need-based.
- SHPE Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping Hispanic students excel in science, technology, engineering, and math, from pre-college through doctorate degrees. Scholarships and internships are just a small part of its comprehensive website.
- League of United Latin American Citizens offers a variety of scholarships through its LULAC National Scholarship Fund.
- The Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities offers scholarships based on specific criteria for students attending a HACU-member college or university.
- MyCollegeOptions allows students to search for scholarships by ethnicity as well as religion, major, and location. And once students are registered, they can access applications straight from the website.
- Nerdscholar provides a list of some of the top scholarships for Hispanics. Even better, the site includes an effort meter, so students know up front how much effort it will take to complete the scholarship requirements.
- MALDEF works to support the civil rights of the Latino community and offers a Law School Scholarship Program for similar-minded students.
- The Hispanic Scholarship Consortium helps to eliminate barriers to higher education and professional success through collaborations with member organizations, benefactors, professional groups, colleges, and universities. The organization offers several scholarship opportunities.
- The United States Hispanic Leadership Institute offers a scholarship directory for high school students and counselors and aims to educate both about post-secondary education.
Pacific Islander/Asian Scholarships
Undocumented Scholarships & Resources
- USHLI Scholarship Directory for Latino Students (PDF)
- Affidavit for Non-resident tuition exemption (PDF)
- Undocumented Student Resource Guide (PDF)
- Resources for Undocumented Students
- Scholarships That Don’t Require Security Numbers (PDF)
- Scholarships Regardless of Immigration Status (PDF)
- E4FC AB540 Scholarships (PDF)
- AB540 Bilingual MALDEF Info Sheet (PDF)
- College and Financial Aid Guide for Undocumented Students (PDF)
- Colleges ‘Friendly’ for Undocumented Students (PDF)
- E4FC Educator Guide (PDF)
- E4FC FinAidGuide (PDF)
- E4FC Guide for Undocumented Youth in Removal Proceedings (PDF)
- Fact Sheet Undocumented (PDF)
- The Phoenix Scholars DREAMer Guide (PDF)
- Undocumented Resource Guide (PDF)
Local Scholarships for Undocumented Students
- Ogden Hispanic Chamber of Commerce(annual)
- Oportunidad Scholarship(annual)
- SOMOS (annual)
Stokes Educational Scholarship Program for STEM high school students
Please pass this information along to all those that may be of interest:
National Security Agency’s Stokes Educational Scholarship Program for STEM (i.e. students interested Science Technology Engineering Math) high school students. Applications are accepted Sept – November 15th. Visit website for more information. (http://www.nsa.gov/careers/opportunities_4_u/students/stokes.shtml).
- Tuition and mandatory fees of up to $30,000 per year at the college of your choice
- Housing and travel entitlements available during summer employment (if the distance between NSA and the school exceeds 75 miles)
- Year-round salary
- Guaranteed continued employment with NSA after graduation
- Receive annual and sick leave and paid federal holidays
- Health and life insurance
- Participation in federal retirement plans