The purpose of Black Scholars United is to promote leadership and to establish a cohesive union for Black students, Black faculty and staff, other Black organizations, and the community in a manner that facilitates educational opportunities, promotes a higher level of scholastic achievement, and finds and implements ways to assist the economic, social, and cultural development of the Black community. This mission is to be achieved by sponsoring community service projects and activities that foster harmony and equality in the WSU community and that encourage unity among- -and maximizes the participation of--Black students in order to ensure the success of Black Scholars United.
To unite the black community with positive principles and actions.
1. Promote higher education that focuses on scholastic achievement
2. Social integration (social activities)
3. Bring awareness of social issues
5. Service projects: local and state-wide
6. Social and political activism