Area Councils are student run organizations with constituency seats in the student senate each representing the needs, concerns and advocating for minority groups on campus. Student senators attend and participate in student senate meetings as well as act as head of their respective area councils. Area Councils are a body serving in an administrative capacity for WSU minority students. The Multicultural Student Center houses four Area Councils.To keep in touch with any of our Area Councils text the their respective short code to 469-579-2390 for WSU mobile updates.
PurposeThe mission and purpose of the Pacific Islander (PI) Area Council is as follows:
1. Plan and implement steps to improve the quality of the University’s education for Pacific Islander (PI) students. 2. Organize and deliver pertinent information to PI students such as education, current events, and cultural affairs 3. Provide a network to handle PI student’s complaints and problems with solutions and empathy.
4. Provide an effective system to utilize ideas and feedback from the students.
5. To function as a liaison between the University and PI students in providing information and assistance.
6. The Area Council will help in the recruitment of the new Pacific Islander students and encourage and assist in the retention of PI students at WSU.
Mission Statement:1) to provide academic, social, emotional, and cultural support to all Weber State University students with a special emphasis on Pacific Islander students,
2) to enhance Pacific Islander students recruitment, retention, and graduation by corresponding to the needs of the students, and
3) to promote Pacific Islander culture with events and activities for the campus and the community. Goal Statement: Our goal is to extend, develop, and enhance support systems contributing to the success of all students, with a focused emphasis on the Pacific Islander students, by implementing various efforts and programs which are designed to promote academic, educational, social, and cultural achievement.
Our goal is to extend, develop, and enhance support systems contributing to the success of all students, with a focused emphasis on the Pacific Islander students, by implementing various efforts and programs which are designed to promote academic, educational, social, and cultural achievement.
TOA Club Officers
Pacific Islander Area Council
For the Asian Area Council
Asian & Pacific