Application Deadline: April 1st, 2017
- Completed application with $60 application fee ($95 for international applicants)
- Writing sample in essay form
- Current resume
- Transcripts from every institution of higher education attended
- Three letters of academic and/or professional recommendation
Acceptance into Program
Each applicant is evaluated on an individual basis. Ideal applicants will present a strong overall previous academic record, positive letters of recommendation as well as professional accomplishment. An ideal class will consist of working professionals with a wide variety of backgrounds in for-profit, government or non-profit organizations. Ethnic diversity is a plus. The MPC program has limited enrollment.
International applicants will need to complete additional materials to comply with university and United States INS regulations. For more information, please contact the International Student and Scholar Center at 801-626-6853, or go to http://www.weber.edu/sis/
You also need to have your credits evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation company that evaluates the credits course-by-course. For a list of approved companies, go to: http://www.naces.org/members.htm
International applicants must be able to comprehend and speak English fluently, as well as read and write English competently. Candidates from non-English-speaking countries are required to establish proof of English language competency unless they received their bachelor's degree from a university in which the language of instruction was English. This may consist of one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - applicants may have an official score report which is not more than two years old sent to the MPC Office. Students must score a minimum of 550 (paper-based); 223 (computer-based), or 85 (internet-based) on the exam.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - applicants may have an official score report sent to the MPC Office which is not more than two years old. Students need a minimum score of 6.5.
- Completion of a program for learning English as a second language at a regionally-accredited, U.S. institution of higher learning, such as English as a Second Language (ESL), or the Learning English for Academic Purposes(LEAP) program at Weber State University.
Students who do not have these scores may be admitted to the program provisionally upon review. If they are able to perform satisfactorily in their first semester, their provisional status may be amended.