Application & Checklist
Applications for the AAS online program must be filled out and mailed to the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences by February 1 for fall semester application and by September 1 for spring semester application.
All MLS applicants are required to:
- Apply to Weber State University for General Admission. You can fill out an application online. Specify AAS applicant in MLS as your degree choice. If you have prior college credits, you are considered a transfer student.
- The WSU application fee is $30 in U.S. funds, payable to Weber State University. Do not send cash. You can pay the fee online or call the cashier's office at 1-801-625-8006.
- Have all official transcripts sent to WSU admissions office. If you have less than 30 hours of college credits, you must also send you high school transcripts and ACT or SAT scores. Your transcripts must be sent at least one month before your application deadline of February 1 or September 1. Please do not send your official transcripts directly to the MLS department as this will DELAY your application process.
- Send transcripts to:*
Weber State University
3885 West Campus Dr. Dept 1137
Ogden, UT 84408-1137
If you have any questions concerning transcripts, call 1-800-848-7770, option 2.
- Apply to the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences (you must be employed in a clinical laboratory). Your application consists of the following components:
- Complete an AAS application
- The application fee for the MLS AAS online program (not required if employed by IHC or ARUP) is $95 in U.S. funds, payable to WSU Medical Laboratory Sciences Online Program. Do not send cash. Your application must be received no later than February 1 or September 1.
- Have your employer read and sign a Statement of Support form. Your employer needs to be aware of and agree to the responsibility they will be assuming in your education. (ARUP employees please call 1-801-626-6120)
Send these three components to:
MLS Online Program
Weber State University
3875 Stadium Way, Dept 3905
Ogden, UT 84408-3905
Attn: Kandi Tait
If you have any questions, call
1-800-848-7770, option 1, ext.6874.
Deadline for fall semester AAS application is February 1.
Deadline for spring semester AAS application is September 1.
* Note: It does take time to have your transcripts evaluated, so please submit one month prior to deadline.
|ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE PROGRAM DETAILS|
Textbooks & Course Materials
|Request More MLS Information
Statement of Support