Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences
The Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences offers two degrees: A two year AAS Medical Laboratory Technician(MLT) degree and a four year BS Medical Technology (MT) degree. Each of these degrees is offered both as on-campus and online programs. Those interested in either the online AAS or BS degree must be currently employed in a hospital or clinical laboratory.
As a student in the Medical Laboratory Sciences program at Weber State University, you'll be part of a well-recognized, groundbreaking academic program:
- Graduate employment is near 100% for those seeking jobs in a clinical lab.
- WSU MLS graduates have a 95% external certification pass rate for students taking the certification exam within one year of graduation.
- WSU was the first university in the world to offer a complete MT bachelor's degree and MLT associate's degree online.
- Out of state online students, do not pay “traditional” non-resident tuition prices. Online tuition is based on a flat per credit hour fee and is comparable to resident in state tuition.
- Our BS degree offers two learning tracks: Track I is for students intending to work as medical laboratory scientists. Upon graduation, students are eligible to sit for the national certification exam which, upon receiving a passing score, will qualify them to work in hospital or clinic laboratories. Positions are also available in industrial labs, education, medical sales, medical research, forensics, medical administration, cytology, histology, etc. Track II is for those who intend to apply to medical, physician assistant, dental, veterinary or other graduate schools. This track will prepare students for their continuing education.
Comments about our web site? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.