Math Factor is a student organization that involves all students who’s interest in mathematics. Its goal is to bring together people with love for mathematics, encourage student collaboration, provide exposure to further education and career opportunity. Math Factor holds academic and social events throughout the year. Among its activities are undergraduate research seminar, Integration bee, Pi day celebration, movie night, Bowling for Pi, etc.Math Factor is a place for students interested in mathematics can get together and further explore mathematics outside of a classroom with various activities.
The Mathematics Department awards the following scholarships to students majoring in mathematics, as funding permits. If you wish to be considered for one of these scholarships, please fill out an information sheet, available in the Mathematics Department office. For deadline and detailed information, please contact Mathematics Department.
- Outstanding Graduate Award
- Mathematics Faculty Scholarship
- Billiards Applied Mathematics Scholarship
- Joshua Eisenstat Memorial Scholarship
- MirAftabi Applied Mathematics Scholarship
- Diane C. Pugmire Memorial Scholarship
- Merlon L. Stevenson Scholarship
- College of Science Academic Scholarship
- College of Science Activity Scholarship
- College of Science Private Foundation Scholarship
- Book Scholarship