Emerging Leaders Scholarship Program
In order to be an effective leader, one must first be able to articulate who they are.
The Emerging Leaders Program at Weber State University is a year long program designed to help students do just that. Based on the concept that self knowledge leads to self leadership, and in turn, leadership of others, participants in the Emerging Leaders Program engage in an experiential, hands-on approach over the course of the year to develop by doing rather than being lectured to. Sessions revolve around small and large group discussions, team building activities, community service, StrengthsQuest development, and problem solving.
What will I learn in this program?
Emerging Leaders is a self discovery program designed to help you better know yourself and how you effectively lead others. Participants learn not only what makes them a success, but also what motivates them.
How much is the Scholarship?
Amounts are determined each year based on the number of applicants and available awards. Generally, awards are between $2,200 and $1,000 for the year.
How do I become an Emerging Leader?
Simple, just complete the emerging leaders application and return it to the Department of Student Involvement & Leadership by February 25 to be considered for the next academic year’s awards.
What are the requirements of the Emerging Leaders Scholarship?
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Have an ACT of 18 or greater, or a SAT of 950 or greater.
- Exhibit past involvement with school and/or community activities, with particular experience in leadership roles.
- Be a resident of the state of Utah.
- Be accepted to Weber State University and committed to attending in the Fall Semester of next academic year or be a current Weber State University student.
- Successfully participate in the Emerging Leaders program as established by the Department of Student Involvement & Leadership. (Thursdays from 4:30 - 6:20 p.m., every other week.)
What do I do after I accept the scholarship?
Once you have accepted the scholarship for this program under your Weber State portal, you are REQUIRED to attend every meeting throughout this school year.
Emerging Leader group meetings are from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. in Shepherd Union room 404 on the following days:
- September 1
- September 15
- September 29
- October 13
- PROJECT LEAD CONFERENCE Oct. 20 & 21
- October 27
- November 10
- December 8
- EMERGING LEADER RETREAT: January 6 & 7
- January 12
- January 26
- February 9
- February 23
- March 23
- April 6
- April 20
Weber State University, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, ensures equal access to all University functions, activities, and programs for individuals with disabilities. Please contact Student Involvement & Leadership at 801-626-6349 at least one week prior an event to request accommodations in relation to a disability.