The program seeks to prepare graduates to enter various avenues of a design-build network of professions with a firm knowledge of professional standards, design theory, design process, technical skills, and the art of professional selling through:
- Curriculum that promotes the advancement of skills necessary to enter the practice of the Interior Design profession using critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Promotion of sustainable and universal design standards.
- Development of an understanding of global awareness and diversity.
- Recognition of the impact of interior design on all individuals regardless of socioeconomic background or situation.
- Encouraging students to develop aesthetic discernment while acknowledging the importance of protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public they serve.