Cooperative Work Experience
All Human Performance Management majors need to take a minimum of 5 credits of PEP 2890/4890 - Cooperative Work Experience. Not all credits have to be completed in the same semester. For example, a student could take 1 credit in the fall at one internship site and then retake the course in spring for 2 credits at a different internship site.
If you would like to take PEP 2890/4890, please follow the steps below:
1. Determine how many credits you are going to take that semester. Students must complete 60 internship hours for each credit hour. Please also check with your advisor, Sherrie Jensen (email@example.com), to be sure that you will have enough upper division hours to graduate (40 minimum).
2. Locate a site to do your internship. You can view a list of the current sites here. If you need help finding an internship site, please contact the Human Performance Management Director, Dr. Molly Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Download the Internship Manual.
4. Print the last page of the Internship Manual, which is the contract. Complete the contract, sign it, have your internship supervisor sign it, and then set up a meeting with the Human Performance Management Director, Dr. Molly Smith.
5. After you have submitted your contract, Dr. Smith will submit an override to allow you to register for the course and will review the syllabus/course requirements/deadlines with you.