HPHP Wellness Coaching Interest Area
Wellness Coaching is an emerging profession that has roots in applied behavioral science and adult development, and more recently has embraced positive psychology. Behavioral scientists have shown that one-on-one coaching is among the most effective approaches to helping people make and sustain improvements in their lives.
The relationship between a coach and client offers a profound level of support, guidance, and encouragement to making changes, without being judgmental. A coach enables change by focusing on a client's stated needs, values, vision, and goals and helping to bring out his/her personal best. (Source: International Coaching Federation (ICF) website).
- Develop International Coaching Federation (ICF) core coaching competencies.
- Practice and refine wellness coaching skills using best practice standards incorporating evidence-based research.
- Prepare for the Wellcoaches/ACSM® course and certification
- Increase marketable skill sets and competitive edge to meet workplace demands.
- Health 2400 - Mind/Body Wellness
- Health 3200 - Methods in Health Promotion
- Be in either the Health Promotion or Human Performance program in HPHP (for exceptions, talk with Dr. Olpin)
Contact Dr. Michael Olpin for more information.