At the Weber State University Health Centers, you will find a group of friendly and caring medical professionals who are committed to meeting the highest health care standards. Funding is provided through student fees and most services are available at no cost or low cost to students with a current WSU Wildcard. The mission of the Weber State University Student Health Centers is to provide quality, cost effective health services including:
- Outpatient medical care for common illnesses and injuries
- Disease prevention activities
- Health promotion to the student body population allowing them to arrive in class ready to learn.
The following services are available at the Health Centers. Please note, pharmacy, x-ray, and pap smears are only available at the WSU Ogden Health Center.
- Some minor surgery.
- dT booster (upon availability), TB skin testing, flu shots
- Contraception instruction, pregnancy testing, prescriptions for birth control, pap smears* by appointment plus a nominal fee.
- Consultation regarding diet, cholesterol, weight reduction, and eating disorders.
- Minor suturing.
- Clinical medical care. Follow-up for ongoing medical problems, i.e., blood pressure checks for hypertension, blood sugar checks for diabetes.
- Physical examinations by appointment.
- Wart treatment clinic available daily.
- Dental hygiene care referral available.
- Health information brochures, pamphlets available.
- X-ray services provided for a nominal fee of $35 to $45, depending on what is being x-rayed.