Discover planet Earth and its fascinating geologic history in order to help predict and improve the future. In Geosciences you will learn about the origin, dynamic processes, and evolution of the Earth through time. Our curricula emphasize field-based studies and the use of advanced geospatial technologies for mapping and analysis.
What you'll get from the Department of Geosciences:
- A variety of majors and minors designed to meet your needs
- Hands-on study in stunning natural surroundings – an immediately accessible “laboratory” that is hard to beat anywhere in the world
- Individual attention in small classes
- Opportunities for research and work in the field and access to unique facilities such as the Remote Sensing/Geographic Information System Laboratory
- Preparation for teaching earth sciences to inquisitive young minds
Where you’ll go:
Geoscientists are employed in a variety of environmental, engineering, and natural resource industries, including geographic information systems (GIS)/mapping and remote sensing applications.
Please see the WSU catalog for more detail on individual courses and degree opportunities.