Gamma Theta Upsilon (GTU) is an international honor society in geography. GTA was founded in 1928 and became a national organization in 1931. Members of GTU have met academic requirements and share a background and interest in geography. GTU chapter activities support geography knowledge and awareness.
GTU's Goals are:
- To further professional interest in Geography by affording a common organization for those interested in the field.
- To strengthen student and professional training through academic experiences in addition to those of the classroom and laboratory.
- To advance the status of Geography as a cultural and practical discipline for study and investigation.
- To encourage student research of high quality, and to promote an outlet for publication.
- To create and administer funds for furthering graduate study and/or research in the field of Geography.