Associate of Pre-Engineering Degree
DEGREE REQUIREMENTS – PRE-ENGINEERING
Associate of Pre-Engineering (APE) Degree (60 credit hours minimum)*
General Education Core Requirements (18 credit hours)
- Composition (6 credit hours)
- ENGL EN1010 Introductory College Writing (3)
- ENGL EN2010 Intermediate College Writing (3)
2. American Institutions (3 credit hours)
- POLS AI1110 American National Government or
- HIST AI1700 American Civilization or
- ECON AI1740 Economic History of the United States
3. Computer and Information Literacy (2 to 5 credit hours)
(The credit hours for this requirement do not count toward the 60 credit hour total).
General Education Breadth Requirements (9 credit hours)
- Select 9 credit hours: 3 credit hours from Humanities (HU), 3 credit hours from Creative Arts (CA), and 3 credit hours from Social Sciences (SS).
Engineering Core Requirements (20 credit hours)
- ENGR 1000 Introduction to Engineering (2)
- MATH SI1210 Calculus I (4)
- MATH SI1200 Calculus II (4)
- PHYS PS/SI2210 Physics for Scientists and Engineers I (5)
- PHYS SI2220 Physics for Scientists and Engineers II (5)
Engineering Specialty Courses (22 credit hours)
Engineering specialty courses are those required for specific engineering disciplines at the receiving universities. The primary engineering disciplines are:
- Biological and Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Consult the Pre-Engineering Coordinator or the WSU general catalog for more information on engineering specialty courses.
*The Associate of Pre-Engineering (APE) degree is not equivalent to the Associate of Science (AS) degree because the APE degree contains fewer general education credits than the AS degree.