Associate of Pre-Engineering (APE) Degree
DEGREE REQUIREMENTS – PRE-ENGINEERING
(57 credit hours minimum)*
For a detailed description of the classes, please visit the WSU Catalog here: WSU Catalog
General Education Core Requirements (15 credit hours)
Composition (6 credit hours)
ENGL 2010 EN Intermediate College Writing (3)
2. American Institutions (3 credit hours)
POLS 1110 AI American National Government or
HIST 1700 AI American Civilization or
ECON 1740 AI Economic History of the United States
3. Computer and Information Literacy (2 to 5 credit hours)
(The credit hours for this requirement do not count toward the 57 credit hour total).
4. General Education Breadth Requirements (9 credit hours)
Select 9 credit hours: 3 credit hours from Humanities (HU), 3 credit hours from Creative Arts (CA), and 3 credit hours from Social Sciences (SS).
Engineering Core Requirements (20 credit hours)
- ENGR 1000 Introduction to Engineering (2)
- MATH 1210 Calculus I (4)
- MATH 1200 Calculus II (4)
- PHYS 2210 PS Physics for Scientists and Engineers I (5)
- PHYS 2220 Physics for Scientists and Engineers II (5)
Engineering Specialty Courses (22 credit hours)
Engineering specialty courses are those required for specific engineering disciplines at the receiving universities. The primary engineering disciplines are:
- Biological and Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Consult the Pre-Engineering Advisor or the WSU general catalog for more information on engineering specialty courses.
*The Associate of Pre-Engineering (APE) degree is not equivalent to the Associate of Science (AS) degree because the APE degree contains fewer general education credits than the AS degree.