Current Job Opportunities
University Programs: Electrical Engineering Intern (Junior, Senior or Graduate)
Raytheon Salt Lake City, UT
**Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2016 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2016.
Northrop Grumman Summer Job
Northrop Grumman would like to extend an opportunity to interested engineering students to gain work experience on a project.
Technical data management. Individual(s) will be reviewing engineering drawings, bill of materials (BOM) and specifications then entering pertinent data into a database.
Individual(s) will also analyze and perform Validation Reports on all data imputed to maintain quality assurance.
Manage, track and archive all processed drawings and its attachments. Beneficial skills include: detail oriented, thoroughness, and organizational.
Understanding of drawings is beneficial but not required.
Schedule: Prefer full-time (40 hours/week)
Duration: Minimum 2-3 months (summer)
Pay will be $15-$20 hourly, DOE
Background/Experience: Engineering/Computer Science Majors
Resumes are to be submitted to email@example.com on or before May 4th, 2016.
College of Eng Applied Science and Technology
1447 Edvalson Steet, Dept 1801
Ogden UT 84408-1801
(801) 626-6877 (phone)
Sierra Nevada Corp Intern - Electrical
- UT - Salt Lake City
Intern positions are offered in Sierra Nevada Corp’s (SNC) Communications Navigation Systems - Navy Landing Systems Group (CNS-NLS). The CNS-NLS Group develops state-of-the-art manned and unmanned aircraft automatic takeoff and landing systems and using technologies such as Radar and/or GPS.
- The Electrical Engineering Intern positions are an entry-level technical position intended to provide the employee with industry experience, a familiarity with SNC, and enable SNC to obtain an in-depth evaluation of potential future staff members.
An Electrical Engineering Intern may be assigned a wide range of duties depending on the specific background and area of college focus of the individual. Assignments are typically performed under the close supervision of a senior member of the SNC engineering staff.
Interns with a focus on Systems Engineering, Analog/Digital Engineering, RF Engineering and/or Software Engineering will be considered for these positions.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (DEPENDENT ON DISCIPLINE):
· All Electrical Engineering Intern Disciplines:
· Maintains logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment
· Engineering lab assignments, usually involving making quantitative tests using equipment typical of the engineering discipline appropriate for the intern.
· Assist in preparation of data items/documentation (CDRL’s).
· Support preparation of material for periodic design reviews
· Support the determination of engineering lab layout and lab equipment identification and purchase
· Perform other duties as required by the lead engineer or senior engineer(s), or Program Manager
· Help the lead engineer ensure that engineering design, documentation and process problems are resolved in a timely manner
· Participate in design integration with customer requirements and industry standards
· Support the design and development of units from concept through qualification
· Support plans for production fixtures, test procedures and test equipment
· Analog/Digital Engineering Discipline:
· Help design analog, digital circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals and knowledge of electronics.
· Help design, simulate and debug FPGA code.
· Help create schematics, simulate circuits, support circuit card layout.
· Help design and develop special test equipment (STE), test fixtures and prescribe test set-ups in support of development testing requirements.
· Software Engineering Discipline:
· Help elicit, derive, and document software requirements to meet internal or external customer specifications
· Help support the definition of software/and or system architecture, development of software modules, and creation of associated documentation
· Help write and test software modules and integrate with other software and/or hardware components
· Help test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
Responsible for adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external). Punctuality to work and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.
Current enrollment for degree in applicable discipline (EE, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.)
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
First Digital Telecom Internship
FirstDigital Telecom is offering a paid internship at our downtown Salt Lake City office.
Interns will gain valuable knowledge by combining their education with practical experience working in the telecommunication industry.
Your responsibilities will vary; but primary duties will be to assist in the design and development of the FirstDigital Fiber Optic Cable deployment. This will include engineering design documents for underground fiber optic cable systems, cable placement, construction permitting, field survey specifications, other possible functional areas may include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network related design and performance issues
- Assist in network installation and upgrade projects; and participate in capacity planning and pilot/testing efforts.
- Supporting company engineers on application and network architecture
- Interface and support product development technology and feature introduction from an operations perspective
- Production operations testing of new applications, services, etc. and support of test equipment
- The Owner and Sr. Executive team will be your acting mentors through-out the internship. You will have the ability to work and interact with them on a daily basis.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree United States-based college or university
- Major: in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software or Computer Engineering, Digital Media, Technology or a related field
- Demonstrates solid decision-making skills
- Proven analytical, organizational, and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable and media industries
- Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.
Average hours of work per week not to exceed 20 hours per week per calendar year.
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
We anticipate that the position would be full-time during the summer, with the potential for part-time work thereafter. Candidates should be self-motivators and enjoy working in a professional environment. If interested and qualified, please respond with a resume sent to Alex Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about our firm on our website: FirstDigital.com
Westinghouse Electric Company
JOB ID 19539BR
JOB ID 19551BR (for Bilingual)
Internship for EE, EET, CE or CS Students
Matthew Hansen is a current student at Weber in the EET program. He recently got an intership at MannMade Engineering. They are now looking for an additional intern. They need someone who is interested in Embedded Systems and Firmware design. The position will have an emphasis on C programming on Microcontrollers, so some skill in C will be required.
Pay will be based on experience. The hours are flexible around 20 hours per week. Located in the Bountiful/Woods Cross area. Matthew says that "the company is amazing to work for".
So Many Job Opportunities!
Prince Perelson and Associates
MKK Consulting Engineers Internships
MKK Consulting Engineers Client Project Manager - Electrical
Salt Lake City, Utah
Boeing - Electrical/Electronic Engineer
(Kim Ealy has a direct contact here - send her your resume and she can forward it to them)
to anyone you feel would be interested.
We are looking for:
Maintenance Electronics Technicians
Quality Systems Engineer
Cyber Security and Information Assurance Engineers
Software Development and Test Manager
Shipping and receiving