Current Job Opportunities
Electrical Engineer Job at KIHOMAC in Hill Air Force Base, UT
Hill Air Force Base, UT
Hours per Week:
Starting Salary Range:
0 to 5 years
- Education/Training (both required and desired):
- Accredited Bachelors Degree in relevant computer science, engineering or science discipline required
- 2+ years of professional experience in the required task area
- Must be a US citizen
- Security clearance required
Expertise and Functions
- Languages and technologies: (required and/or desired)
- ADA Basic
- Experience in working with Visual Studio 2010+ or similar IDE
- Experience and/or knowledge of software engineering concepts
- Experience and/or knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Web applications development and/or sustainment
- Knowledge of database concepts, code performance analysis
- Relevant experience with aircraft mission planning systems (MPS)
- This Software Engineering Position is embedded within the Ogden Air Logistic Complex's (OO-ALC) 309th Software Maintenance Group (SMXG) that develops specific software components of the Air Force Mission Planning Systems (MPS) including related Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) components
- Serve in a group of approximately 35 developers building mission planning applications for DoD clients
- Member of a flight performance model effort supported by multiple team members over the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the aircraft platform update effort.
- Participate in data capture and analysis, requirements definition, contribute to system design plans, investigate and identify new technologies to incorporate within the architecture, construct clean and efficient code to meet client requirements, adhere to team standards, and monitor code execution to ensure performance thresholds are met.
Duties May Include:
- Accomplish flight performance data capture, analysis, updating and flight performance modeling based on Flight Manuals/Technical Orders (T.O.s) updates
- Modify Flight Performance Models utilizing languages such as C, C++, C#, Ada etc.
- Develop and/or maintain Take Off and Landing Data (TOLD) scripts/data file
- On-site technical/testing support is required to test the MPS subsystem and system level requirements, monitor the software's implementation, and coordinate these processes with testing/field units, as well as provide software/testing functionality orientation and familiarity briefings and project kick-off meetings as needed. Interpret/ decompose requirements to develop testing cases for manual and automated tests
- Conduct unit and system level tests at each phase of software's development process
- Coordinate/communicate with the testing team members to plan and execute tests across the spectrum of the development processes
- Document findings and results in accordance with established development and configuration management processes
- Provide support to Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E) units, Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) units, and the operational flying units during each phase of the software’s life cycle
- Analyze, design, support, maintain and develop software solutions
- Other duties as assigned
Minuteman III Re-entry Systems Sustainment Group Internship
We have an internship position available in the Minuteman III Reentry Systems Sustainment group. The link and req. number are below.
We have a great opportunity for a college intern to work with us here at Hill. If you know of anyone in school that would enjoy an opportunity to join our team for the summer, please point them to our website:
http://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/college-students.aspx and have them apply for Req. # 383562BR.
Feel free contact LB or myself if you have any questions.
SKM Inc., a Bountiful, Utah engineering firm is seeking a highly organized electrical programmer to become a part of our team. Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and educated in or experienced with programming languages. Experience with electricity, controls and power a plus. Strong communication skills required. Programmer will primarily provide process, utility, instrumentation, and control system development and support for water, wastewater, and industrial facilities. Work includes PLC, HMI, and OITprogramming, network and radio system configuration, as well as working with servers, workstations, and various computer topologies. Ongoing production will require the employee to work with deadlines, respond to fluctuating production schedules, and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Some travel, typically in the western United States, will be required to project locations for start-up and commissioning activities.
Please call Peggy or Carla at 801-677-0011, ext. 3710 or ext. 3713. You may also email a resume to
Jr. Electrical Engineer / Intern:
SKM Inc., a Bountiful, Utah engineering firm is seeking a highly organized electrical engineer / intern to become a part of our team. Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have engineering degree, or engineering degree in process (EE, CS, or CE preferred). Education in or experience with Auto-Cad and/or Auto-Cad Electrical is a plus. Strong communication skills required. Engineer will primarily work on electrical schematics, one-line diagrams, lighting plans, site plans, conduit plans, control panel designs, project specifications, network diagrams etc. Drawing and document development is primarily for industrial type facilities. Some site visits to construction projects may be required for construction observation. Ongoing document production will require the employee to work with deadlines, respond to fluctuating production schedules, and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Experience with electrical and/or industrial designs are a plus.
Please call Peggy or Carla at 801-677-0011, ext. 3710 or ext. 3713. You may also email a resume to
NOTE: Act fast because they want to do interviews March 24th and 31st!
Monnit Electical Engineer I or Senior Intern
Fast paced, technology start-up seeks a motivated and detail oriented EE to help with three areas of testing: new product testing, software testing, and quality testing. A suitable candidate is needed immediately. Monnit is a leader in the design and manufacture of turnkey, self-installing, low cost wireless sensor solutions targeted at the commercial, industrial and consumer markets. Monnit's sensing solutions are designed to be easily installed and used by anyone wanting to remotely monitor information and activities, including access, presence of water, luminosity, temperature, humidity, and vibration in or around structures, machinery, and various environments.
EE Degree or EE Major or EET Major
JBT AeroTech Jetway Systems Internship
JBT Jetway is posting the position of Aftermarket Engineering Intern. This position is hourly, so depending upon the candidate’s availability, we would be happy to have them get started part time before summer and roll into full time throughout the summer. Graduating seniors would be ideal for this position as we are hoping to hire an excellent intern as an Aftermarket Engineer if they demonstrate the skill set and drive to work in our section of the business.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Director of Aftermarket Sales and Support
Job Title: AFTERMARKET ENGINEERING INTERN
Reports To: Aftermarket Global Business Manager
FLSA Status: TBD
Location: Ogden, Utah
SUMMARY: Works closely with Aftermarket Sales in preparing designs and drawings of a complex nature. Assures that anticipated problems in manufacture, assembly, installation, refurbishment, and operation of equipment are resolved by the designs produced. Provides advice and guidance to Sales Team and may serve as a coordinator/ planner for design projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES specific to the INTERNSHIP include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Will assist Spare Parts Representatives with basic engineering inquiries related to JBT products.
- Will assist Aftermarket Engineers with 2-D drawings, spec sheets, and electrical schematics.
- Will assist Aftermarket Engineers with product/prototype testing and troubleshooting.
- Will be assigned one major and several minor projects, depending upon skill set, in the areas of process improvement, new product development, value engineering, and/or strategic sourcing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of AFTERMARKET ENGINEERS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies that electrical designs meet all customer specifications and contractual agreements.
- Verifies that electrical design complements mechanical design
- Ability to use AutoCAD electrical
- Drafts detailed electrical schematics, interconnection drawings, etc.
- Ability to conceptualize and create parts/kits to fulfill the equivalent or superior form, fit, and function as replacement for obsolete mechanical and electrical components.
- Verifies that drafting is accurate, legible and compliant to applicable electrical industry standards.
- Ability to interpret Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programs and relate the program to functioning of electrical components. Ability to write PLC programs is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC and relay logic controlled electrical systems.
- Must have knowledge of proper techniques for creating orthographic and sectional view drawings.
- Individually conceives, plans, and conducts research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity to develop suitable inventions, designs, or techniques for application in problem areas.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, customer specifications, related data and drawings to determine design impact. Applies personal creative conceptual abilities to this process.
- Develops layouts of equipment, computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, tolerances, and clearances.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies, subassemblies and mono-details as required.
- Determines sizes, shapes and fit to components to be designed.
- Uses thorough knowledge of structural steel and aluminum shape geometry, steel and aluminum sheet gauge thicknesses, and material types and strengths in every day design work.
- Compiles and analyzes test data to determine effect of various factors on design. May design and execute engineering tests of components or assemblies.
- Modifies designs to correct operating deficiencies and/ or reduce production problems.
- Prepares bills of material for components and assemblies properly and accurately.
- Prepares Engineering Orders, Change Notices, and other engineering documentation.
- Uses advanced modeling and assembly practices within a 3D solid modeling CAD environment (Unigraphics NX, ProE Wildfire, Solid Works, Inventor etc...)
- Investigates engineering design/ production problems and initiates appropriate action.
- Must be able/ willing to adhere to Engineering Department procedures in the context of both general production and/ or special assignments.
- Must be able to function in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to manage time between multiple simultaneous projects
- Willingness to travel as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the potential to be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or university in Engineering or a Technician Trade School Certificate with five to seven years of related experience; or partial completion of a four year Engineering degree or Trade School and five to seven years of related experience; or Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering program and three years or related experience; or ten or more years experience in the design/drafting field (Mechanical or Electrical).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from managers, regulatory agencies, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
This position requires the following computer skills or similar: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Syteline, Teamcenter, Unigraphics.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to clearly view and analyze in detail drawings, other printed documents, computer screens, parts and components, measuring devices and instruments.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Engineering Department Work Study Lab Aide
Are you extremely organized? Would you like to work for the Engineering Department faculty?