Current Job Opportunities
Weber School District Engineering Teacher
I wanted to let you know that Weber School District currently has an full time, with full benefits, opening for a “Project Lead the Way Principles of Engineering & Digital Electronics Teacher”. I know some of you are in other majors, but you are getting this email in case you know of a student going through your program that has expressed interest in teaching instead of working in the private sector. YOU DO NOT NEED A TEACHING CREDENTIAL TO APPLY.The opening can be found at the following website:
This position has the nicest teaching schedule you will find: 1- morning class (1.5 hr) of “Principles of Engineering” to 9th graders, approximately a 3 hour prep/PLC/Lunch time, and then 1 afternoon class of “Digital Electronics” (2:15 hr) to high school students. All 7 of our teachers in this program have the same schedule which allows a lot of team time to work together. We are looking for team oriented, motivated, and hard working people who love working with students.
If you apply, please let me know and send me a resume so I can forward it on to the hiring team directly!
College of Eng Applied Science and Technology
1447 Edvalson Steet, Dept 1801
Ogden UT 84408-1801
(801) 626-6877 (phone)
EMS Solutions - PCA Test Engineering Manager, PCA Test Repair Technician
We now need a testing tech and a testing manager. The testing tech would start would be 12/hr, however, they will need to have some experience with testing circuit boards. RF experience is a plus. Attached is the job description for the testing tech. This is a day shift position.
The testing manager needs to have an EE degree. This is a salary position and is on days, hours are 6am to 330pm, total for the week 40 – 50.
The salary would be 70 to 75. This position needs to be someone that can create solutions for EMS manufacturing and customers design and manufacturability if needed. They will work very closely with the owners of EMS, Quality director, and many levels at the customer.
Let me know if you have any questions.
(Email Ken for Job Descriptions Specifics)
Sierra Nevada Corp Internship (SNC)
www.moog.jobs – REQ# 160165
Moog Inc. is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision control components and systems. Moog’s high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, automated industrial machinery, wind energy, marine and medical equipment. Our aim is to make high performance products that are the best in the industry, admired by customers and envied by competitors. This means delving into very complex problems and inventing solutions based around the very latest technology, always staying a few steps ahead of the game. And if that means starting from scratch to make something that’s never existed before, then we’re pleased to accept the challenge – because delivering exceptional solutions to very specific needs is at the heart of what we offer to our customers. Our Salt Lake City location is actively seeking an Electrical Engineering student to work in our EMI/EMC Test Group starting immediately. Our co-op program is unique in that assignments are challenging and chosen purposefully to give you hands on experience light-years beyond what you will see in the classroom. Seasoned engineers will guide you through your experience and show you what it's like to function as an engineer. If you're ready to start your career before you graduate, apply today!
What you'll need to have:
•Current, active enrollment in an accredited EE program, preferably a junior in an EE program. Minimum GPA of 3.0 is desired.
•Ability to work 20 hours per week or longer during the school year, with some flexibility at Finals, and 40 hours when on break from school (during summers, holidays and other breaks).
•Ability to work during 7 am to 5 pm core hour period.
•Must be willing to work with high voltage, and some experience with high voltage safety preferred
•Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
It is also preferred that you have foundational knowledge in the following: -Basics of Voltage, Current and power. Ohm’s law. -Basics of resistance, capacitance and Inductance. -Know concepts of impedance. -How to work a voltmeter and oscilloscope. -Concept of VSWR -Units such as dB, dBm, dBuV, dBuA EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
University Programs: Electrical Engineering Intern (Junior, Senior or Graduate)
Raytheon Salt Lake City, UT
**Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2016 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2016.
Sierra Nevada Corp Intern - Electrical
- UT - Salt Lake City
Intern positions are offered in Sierra Nevada Corp’s (SNC) Communications Navigation Systems - Navy Landing Systems Group (CNS-NLS). The CNS-NLS Group develops state-of-the-art manned and unmanned aircraft automatic takeoff and landing systems and using technologies such as Radar and/or GPS.
- The Electrical Engineering Intern positions are an entry-level technical position intended to provide the employee with industry experience, a familiarity with SNC, and enable SNC to obtain an in-depth evaluation of potential future staff members.
An Electrical Engineering Intern may be assigned a wide range of duties depending on the specific background and area of college focus of the individual. Assignments are typically performed under the close supervision of a senior member of the SNC engineering staff.
Interns with a focus on Systems Engineering, Analog/Digital Engineering, RF Engineering and/or Software Engineering will be considered for these positions.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (DEPENDENT ON DISCIPLINE):
· All Electrical Engineering Intern Disciplines:
· Maintains logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment
· Engineering lab assignments, usually involving making quantitative tests using equipment typical of the engineering discipline appropriate for the intern.
· Assist in preparation of data items/documentation (CDRL’s).
· Support preparation of material for periodic design reviews
· Support the determination of engineering lab layout and lab equipment identification and purchase
· Perform other duties as required by the lead engineer or senior engineer(s), or Program Manager
· Help the lead engineer ensure that engineering design, documentation and process problems are resolved in a timely manner
· Participate in design integration with customer requirements and industry standards
· Support the design and development of units from concept through qualification
· Support plans for production fixtures, test procedures and test equipment
· Analog/Digital Engineering Discipline:
· Help design analog, digital circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals and knowledge of electronics.
· Help design, simulate and debug FPGA code.
· Help create schematics, simulate circuits, support circuit card layout.
· Help design and develop special test equipment (STE), test fixtures and prescribe test set-ups in support of development testing requirements.
· Software Engineering Discipline:
· Help elicit, derive, and document software requirements to meet internal or external customer specifications
· Help support the definition of software/and or system architecture, development of software modules, and creation of associated documentation
· Help write and test software modules and integrate with other software and/or hardware components
· Help test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
Responsible for adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external). Punctuality to work and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.
Current enrollment for degree in applicable discipline (EE, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.)
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
First Digital Telecom Internship
FirstDigital Telecom is offering a paid internship at our downtown Salt Lake City office.
Interns will gain valuable knowledge by combining their education with practical experience working in the telecommunication industry.
Your responsibilities will vary; but primary duties will be to assist in the design and development of the FirstDigital Fiber Optic Cable deployment. This will include engineering design documents for underground fiber optic cable systems, cable placement, construction permitting, field survey specifications, other possible functional areas may include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network related design and performance issues
- Assist in network installation and upgrade projects; and participate in capacity planning and pilot/testing efforts.
- Supporting company engineers on application and network architecture
- Interface and support product development technology and feature introduction from an operations perspective
- Production operations testing of new applications, services, etc. and support of test equipment
- The Owner and Sr. Executive team will be your acting mentors through-out the internship. You will have the ability to work and interact with them on a daily basis.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree United States-based college or university
- Major: in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software or Computer Engineering, Digital Media, Technology or a related field
- Demonstrates solid decision-making skills
- Proven analytical, organizational, and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable and media industries
- Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.
Average hours of work per week not to exceed 20 hours per week per calendar year.
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
We anticipate that the position would be full-time during the summer, with the potential for part-time work thereafter. Candidates should be self-motivators and enjoy working in a professional environment. If interested and qualified, please respond with a resume sent to Alex Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about our firm on our website: FirstDigital.com
Westinghouse Electric Company
JOB ID 19539BR
JOB ID 19551BR (for Bilingual)
Internship for EE, EET, CE or CS Students
Matthew Hansen is a current student at Weber in the EET program. He recently got an intership at MannMade Engineering. They are now looking for an additional intern. They need someone who is interested in Embedded Systems and Firmware design. The position will have an emphasis on C programming on Microcontrollers, so some skill in C will be required.
Pay will be based on experience. The hours are flexible around 20 hours per week. Located in the Bountiful/Woods Cross area. Matthew says that "the company is amazing to work for".