Current Job Opportunities
Hill Air Force Base Interviews
INVITATION-ONLY INTERVIEW EVENT
HILL AIR FORCE BASE ENGINEER AND SCIENTIST INTERVIEW SESSION
Wednesday, December 2
Hill Aerospace Museum (I-15 Exit 338)
HAFB IS THE LARGEST SINGLE-SITE EMPLOYER FOR ENGINEERS AND COMPUTER SCIENTISTS IN UTAH!
at Hill Air Force Base, Utah and other Air Force locations worldwide
- You must have an emailed invitation from Cassie email@example.com to attend!
WHY IS THIS INTERVIEW SESSION NOT FOR EVERYONE?
- We can accept resumes directly only for certain jobs such as engineers and computer scientists.
- Most occupations such as engineering technicians, quality control specialists, mechanics, etc., require you to apply through USAJOBS, and we cannot accept resumes for those jobs.
- You must be qualified for professional engineering or science positions to participate.
- BS Degree in Engineering Technology is no longer allowed by the Air Force, regardless of experience as a professional engineer after graduation.
- You need to have completed your qualifying engineer or scientist degree by July 2016 and be available for full-time employment by August 2016.
- We are not recruiting for internships at this event.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- An emailed invitation with instructions on the time to arrive, what to bring with you, etc.
- Registration at the door to verify that you are on the invitation list.
- Explanation of how the “Speed-Interviewing” session will work at the Museum.
- Each discussion is limited to 10 minutes so you can talk to as many interviewers as possible.
- Opportunity to meet 15-20 teams at Hill AFB and other participating bases that have vacancies.
- Supervisors will contact you for follow-on interviews if they are interested.
HOW TO GET INVITED:
- Email the following documents ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume with your cell phone number and email address.
- Unofficial transcripts showing degree(s) conferred or latest semester completed.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- If you have already sent in your resume and transcripts and were advised that you are eligible for engineer or scientist positions you should automatically receive an invitation.
- Contact Cassie if you believe you should have been invited but did not get an email.
Electrical Engineering Intern Position Available
Creative Digital Designs
Looking for a part time intern (Electrical Engineering or Computer
Engineering) to help out with contract engineering projects. In the
past our interns have done everything from schematic design, programming
embedded Micros, soldering boards, trouble shooting boards, reverse
engineering boards, Bills of Materials, Documentation and what ever
needs to be done.
Creative Digital Designs is a contract engineering company so exactly
what we work on depends on the current contract. We are located in
Perry Utah which is about 15 min from the University.
Utah State University Research Experience for Engineering Undergraduates
The Department of Engineering Education at Utah State University will hold a ten-week summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program http://www.eng.usu.edu/eed/reu/, starting June 6, 2016, to provide undergraduate students (in either 4-year or 2-year schools) in a science, technology (including engineering technology), engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline with intensive experience in engineering education research, such as how learners’ experience, background, and perception play a role when they learn engineering knowledge and skills.
Abundant summer outdoor activities exist in Utah and nearby states, including numerous national parks and monuments, such as Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, and Arches National Parks. Logan is among the best college town in the nation. From remote areas accessible only to hardy backpackers, to beautiful views enjoyed on a leisurely walk, Logan’s wide spaces are a patchwork of scenic, recreational, and historic venues, Mountain hiking, biking, and rock climbing are among popular summer sports.
Each REU student will receive up to $7,500, including 1) a stipend of $5,000, 2) a housing and meal allowance of $1,800, and 3) up to $700 for a round-trip airfare ticket to travel between your distant locations and USU. The living cost in Logan is low.
The applicants must be at least 18 years old by the time the program starts on June 6, 2016, must be a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the United States, Must be an undergraduate student who will not graduate before September 1, 2016 (in either 4-year or 2-year schools) with a good academic standing in a professional undergraduate program in science, technology (including engineering technology), engineering, or mathematics.
The REU announcement is also attached in this email. The deadline of application is February 1, 2016. Interested students must submit applications online via http://www.eng.usu.edu/eed/reu/. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Ning Fang at email@example.com or Dr. Oenardi Lawanto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ning Fang, Ph
Department of Engineering Education
College of Engineering
Utah State University
Logan, Utah 84322-4160
Masters in Engineering.com
Hello Weber State Engineering Students,
I'm the outreach coordinator at MastersinEngineering.com, a newly-launched site dedicated to helping students interested pursuing a graduate level degree in engineering, and I wanted to reach out and see if you your students would be interested our site.
Our site is a comprehensive guide to earning a master's degree in engineering, and includes sections on:
- a searchable scholarship database with more than 300 scholarships for graduate students specifically focused on engineering
- web based resources for students and professionals, including industry journals, free open courseware, job portals, and more
- a complete database of over 400 degree programs for graduate engineering students
- comprehensive career information including the most popular jobs in the field, salary and job growth data, specialized educational/certification requirements and more
All of these resources can be found here: http://www.
Thanks for your time and consideration!
P.O. Box 52755
Houston, TX 77052
Weber State Engineering Students!
Thanks so much for attending our events on campus at Weber State! We hope you enjoyed learning about the variety of opportunities and work that goes on at Google!
Most of our available opportunities for technical students are within our software engineering teams so check out our full-time roles and all other opportunities at google.com/careers/students. You can also apply directly through the links below:
Let me know if you have any questions - we look forward to receiving your application!
Google University Programs
I currently work for Northrop Grumman, and there is a lot of need for Electrical Engineers. Maybe those who are graduating this semester already have jobs lined up, but if not, I figured I would attach some of the Requisition numbers.
They can go to the following website:
Then click on the careers tab, then click on "US Based Domestic and Global Openings."
Then click "Students & New Graduates."
They will then be on the page where they can enter the Requisition ID or search for other jobs.
Requisition ID: 15013675 Sensor Test Engineer 1
Requisition ID: 15013840 GSSC LCCBU Junior Electrical 1
I also came across a few intern positions. Not sure if they plan on hiring for these positions soon or for the summer.
Requisition ID: 15017576
Requisition ID: 15017574
Requisition ID: 15017572
(Weber State EE Graduate Spring 2015)
EE Internship Opportunity
Local Engineering contract Engineering company is looking to hire a Computer Engineering or EE intern part time during the school year and possibly full time during the summer depending on contracts. We are located in Perry Utah about 15min from the Weber State Campus. In the past our Interns have done such jobs, as drawing schematics, soldering boards, testing boards, reverse engineering products, building and designing test fixtures, helping design embedded microcontroller projects, writing embedded software, writing firmware, designing FPGA projects, writing GUI’s, sorting and organizing parts, ordering parts, and whatever needs to be done.
Necessary skills include:
- Trouble shooting experience
- Knowledge of “C” or “C++” programming
- Handy with construction of test fixtures (drilling, cutting, painting, soldering, etc.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Linux GTK
- Altera FPGAs
- Altera AHDL
- Cypress microcontrollers
- Freescale microcontrollers
- PIC controllers
Send resume to: email@example.com
Weber State University Concept Center
The positions have now been posted at jobs.weber.edu. Under job title search there are 4 position types for Concept Center: Mechanical / Manufacturing, Design, Computer science, and EE / EET. Please let your students know and have them apply to the one(s) that fit their skills best.