Current Job Opportunities
Case, Lowe & Hart, Inc.
EE Position Available
Architectural & Engineering Firm is looking to hire a recent graduate from an ABET accredited school of Electrical Engineering. The successful individual would have passed, or be close to taking, the FE exam.
Successful individual will perform all duties under the direction of an Electrical PE in preparation for the PE exam. Individual will plan and design electrical components, controls, equipment, lighting, machinery and prepare specifications. Once individual has successfully passed the PE exam they will stamp all drawings. Additionally, individual will co-ordinate work with other disciplines and prepare proposals and cost estimates. Individual will be able to meet fixed deadlines, have flexibility and multitask. Individual will be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, procedures and established guidelines. Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) would be helpful as all our work must comply with this. Work experience within building and facility engineering field is helpful as is engineering for building construction and the construction trades. Responsibilities will also include electrical building commissioning on designs that they have not stamped. As a consulting engineering firm it’s important that the candidate be able to interact with clients and understand that their time is billed to those clients.
We’ve been in business since 1963, offer competitive salary and benefits package, and flexible work schedule. Our project list is extensive and varied from military bases, to food and manufacturing facilities. Our staff turnover is exceedingly low. This position could place a successful candidate on track to be a Principal.
Please send a resume to email@example.com
Case, Lowe & Hart, Inc.
2484 Washington Blvd. Ste. 510
Ogden, Utah 84401
QnergyWe are currently searching for student interns to work around 20 hours per week at our facility in Ogden. We are looking for junior or senior level Engineering students in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, etc.
We are offering paid internships starting immediately and running through this semester and next (even ongoing).
Please feel free to contact me if you would like additional information
Brandy Mazoyer SPHR
O. +1.801.752.0100 ext. 511
Title: Engineering InternReports to: Engineer
Job summary: The engineering intern will participate as a member of the engineering team at Qnergy, Inc. by working directly with the engineering staff to design, develop, and test Stirling engine generators. The intern will work on a wide-variety of tasks related to electrical control theory, mechanical design, software development, fatigue and failure analysis, data acquisition, and data mining and analysis. The intern will work under the direct supervision of a full-time engineer at Qnergy.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems
· Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
· Mechanical aptitude for hands-on, general, and precision work
· Working knowledge of basic tools and measuring equipment
· Ability to be flexible with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record of meeting deadlines assigned
· Minimum computer proficiency: MS Office products
· Familiarity with basic desktop office software
· Current enrollment in a technical field of study: engineering, physics, computer science, or mathematics
Physical effort and dexterity:
· Some lifting up to 80 pounds may be required
· Regular use of a computer keyboard is required
· Employee regularly sits for a number of hours per shift
· This position requires the employee to be present in the office or on the job site, and therefore, attendance is an essential function of this position
Visual acuity, hearing and speaking:
· Employee is regularly required to speak and hear clearly, both in person and by telephone
· Regularly utilizes written and oral communication skills
· Requires ability to read and interpret information and documents
· Performs detailed work on multiple concurrent projects
Environment and scheduling:
· Primarily engineering, laboratory, and shop environments, but significant exposure to outdoor environments should be anticipated
· Must be willing and able to work at the jobsite
· Work responsibilities may require access to areas where noise and temperature levels are elevated
· The employee is regularly required to perform a wide variety of physical tasks, from handling small precision machined parts to lifting and carrying up to 80 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qnergy, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer; individuals are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Current Date: August 24, 2014
Hiring Supervisor: Jan Smith
Number of Positions Open: 1
Date of Position: September 2014
Applications Accepted Through: Until position filled
Date of Interviews: To Be Announced
Location of Position(s): Ogden, Utah
Schedule:29 hours a week
Position Overview: The Site Coordinator is responsible for leading a cohesive team to provide
quality programming to benefit kids of the YMCA of Northern Utah. Site
Coordinators have the significant responsibility of developing a positive,
welcoming and nurturing atmosphere to ensure that student participants
are safe, secure, having fun and developing skills that will help them
become successful adults and citizens. The general responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
*Coordinate the schedule for YMCA staffing, contracted teachers and
specialists to ensure successful Afterschool STEM Program at high school
*Coordinate STEM activities that are aimed at increasing student’s
academic, social, physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
*Participate with Ogden School District’s Federal Programs team in
monthly Professional Learning Communities.
*Assess program needs and ensure program meets or exceeds all quality
and financial measures.
*Ensure the safety and well-being of all participants.
*Provide a positive role model for students.
*Recruit and register students for YMCA programs.
*Build relationships and meet regularly with school personnel.
*Communicate with teachers to help meet the needs of student’s
*Build relationships with community partners.
*Interact and inform parents of students’ progress and community
*Manage program budget and paperwork including grant tracking data,
student progress, attendance, volunteer hours, etc.Position Requirements:
*Recruit and supervise volunteers on site.
*Communicate with Out-of-School Time Director on a regular basis.
*Plan and execute family nights and other special events.
Education Requirements: At least 21 years of age with a high school
degree or equivalent and some college.
Previous Work Experience: Requires 1-3 years previous experience in
child development, elementary education, recreation working with youth
or related fields. Experience with budgeting, supervision and curriculum
Certification Requirements: CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child
Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
Must be able to pass a background check.
Computer Proficiencies: Google Platform (Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs),
internet, basic typing skills.
*Preferred B.S. or B.A. degree in education, child development, recreation,
science, technology, engineering, math or related fields and/or two years
of experience working with youth, education or related fields.
*Previous experience working with teens preferably in an out-of-school
*Demonstrated skills in planning, time management, flexibility,
organization and independent work proficiency.
*Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize
*Must have good interpersonal and communications skills and be
sensitive, adaptable, professional, and articulate when dealing with
*Ability to attend all trainings and meetings as required even if scheduled
outside normal working or regular scheduled hours.
*Must be able to work autonomously within the YMCA core values of
Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
*Current Driver’s License and willingness to become Driver Certified if
needed at site.
*Very organized and reliable.
*Demonstrated success in an independent work environment.
*Verbal and written Spanish skills.
*Previous experience with diverse populations.
General Skills & Abilities: We are looking for cause driven leader to join our team, executing high
quality services. A high level of accountability and organizational skills are
vital to the success of this position. Qualified individuals will demonstrate
a high level of attention to detail and consistent dependability. Have good verbal and written communication skills, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to problem solve, willingness for flexibility, possess
fiscal management skills, be articulate when dealing with others and have
a strong commitment and dedication to the mission of the YMCA.
Other Information: You can find out more about The YMCA and our programs at:
Application Process: Interested applicants must submit a resume with 3 references and letter
of interest stating your skills and knowledge that would qualify you for this position to:
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems (GA-ASI)
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate student studying computer engineering, software engineering, computer science, or related majors to intern part-time in the Software Engineering department at our Layton, Utah location.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited supervision, working on non-routine projects with general instruction and advanced projects with detailed instructions, this intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
· Participates in the day to day activities of CLAW Software Development Department assisting in the completion of non-routine and advanced tasks.
· Assists in applying Software and Computer Engineering knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve non-routine problems.
· Perform software development testing, especially in the area of Feature/Requirement validation.
· Create test cases, automate test cases, and write bug reports.
· Implement bug fixes in Claw3 code base.
· Participate in code reviews, check-ins, code merges, using Team Foundation Server and the application lifecycle management.
· Assists in developing electronic and hard copy reports, records, diagrams and charts.
· Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
· Other duties as assigned or required.
If you want to be part of a cutting-edge team that is revolutionizing the aerospace industry, please apply online through the student portal of our website to req. 4185BR at www.ga.com/careers.
Talent Acquisition Administrator & University Relations
3550 General Atomics Ct.
San Diego, CA 92121
Tel - La Jolla: 858.455.2894
Tel - Poway: 858.312.3431
Hello Dr. Hagen,
My name is Paul Decker and I am a firmware engineering manager at Agamatrix Inc, a small (800 employee) but innovative medical device company specializing in diabetes management and blood glucose measurement here in southern New Hampshire. We are currently experiencing incredible growth and would like to add to both our firmware (aka embedded software) and our hardware teams. As an alumnus of Weber State university, I have firsthand knowledge about the level of education and the caliber of students which the WSU programs produce. If you have any current or former students who are interested in relocating to the New England area (35 miles from Boston), please feel free to pass along my contact information.
You can find out more about Agamatrix Inc. on the internet at: http://agamatrix.com. We have a long list of technological “firsts”, and continue to be a leader in the diabetes management industry.
7C Raymond Ave
Salem, NH 03079
+1 (603) 328 6000(o)
+1 (603) 893 4191(f)
Harmony Educational Services
LEGO ROBOTICS INSTRUCTOR
Harmony Educational Services is seeking an instructor for a Lego Robotics course in its Options Day Program in Riverdale. The position is part time. Classes are held every Wednesday for one (1) to three (3) hours. The start date is as soon as possible.
Ability to work well with children and maintain control of a classroom
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent organization, communication, and project management skills
Excellent written and oral communication
Strong technological skills including Microsoft Office/Word, Googledocs, internet
Ability to work independently and also work well in a team
Ability to be organized, adapt to tasks, and take initiative
$12.00/HOUR - No teaching certificate necessary
Background check is required
Call: Sadie Chadwick
POSITION: Industrial Maintenance
Electrical /Mechanical Technician.
SHIFT: (Schedule could vary, must be flexible)
DATE: Starting July 29, 2014- until position is filled
Required Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of electrical and control systems journeyman level (wiring, panels, power distribution, PLCs, etc.)
- Troubleshooting with PLC programs to find root cause and repair is a must.
- Conversant in 24v - 480v AC
- Knowledge of control panels and design building.
- Basic working knowledge of mechanical systems (welding, fabrication, machining, hydraulics, pneumatics, drive systems, industrial pumping, pumps,etc.)
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive attitude and the ability to integrate and work well with others.
- Self motivated with a personal desire to make a positive difference..
- Collaborate with up and down stream processes.
- Perform Maintenance PMs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to perform duties with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull material weighing up to 125 pounds.
- Be very reliable and maintain excellent attendance.
- Have an understanding of departmental operations, as well as departmental reports.
- Maintain a clean and productive work area.
- Innovative and committed to continuous improvement
- Cover Saturday/Sunday shifts as needed ,
Please send your resume to: Attn: Industrial Maintenance Technician
C/O Futura Industries
P.O. Box 160350
Clearfield, UT 84016-0350