Current Job Opportunities
BAE SystemsDr. Hagen,
BAE Systems has 8 Co-Op positions open…i.e., this is a great opportunity for WSU to set up student(s) with an Embedded Career Pathway (or whatever you decide to call it). Do you have recommendations of students in your programs? If you want to give them this information, give me their names or have me meet with them, or send me student resumes and I can create a meeting with the students and BAE directly, we can navigate this whatever way you think best. I just want to make sure I know which students pursue so we can track.
Will you let me know how you’d like to move forward and what you need from me? This is a really great opportunity to drive our process forward.
Thanks so much!
- Job Title: Technical Co-Op
- Alternate Job Title: Technician I
- Job ID: 5241BR
- Posting Date: 2014-11-11
- Travel Percentage: 10%
- Location: Hill AFB, UT 84015
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Required Security Clearance: Eligible - Secret
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To apply standard practices and techniques in electronic, mechanical or other technical disciplines in providing support for ongoing manufacturing, engineering and related technical projects and programs.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Inspects, tests, adjusts and certifies basic assemblies, subassemblies, parts and systems for compliance with specifications and quality assurance practices following blueprints, schematics and inspection manuals using hand tools and precision testing equipment.
2. Repairs simple malfunctions by adjusting, calibrating, aligning or modifying circuitry and components using hand and power tools.
3. Sets up standard test apparatus and conducts operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
4. Installs basic equipment field changes. Assembles and/or modifies wires, insulation and components using hand and power tools. Installs assemblies and hardware into housing.
5. Initiates requisitions and replenishes parts, equipment and material required for the project. Records quantity and type of materials distributed. Arranges transportation for shipment of parts, equipment and material to various operations.
6. Issues complete or partial kits to meet delivery requirements of ongoing contracts. In cases of partial kits, maintains records of shortages and issues shortages when received to complete assemblies.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
A. Responsibilities for Work of Others
Supervises no employees.
B. Supervision Received
Receives direct supervision. Work is reviewed at various stages. Receives regular assignments of work.
IV. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
A. Within Company
Within immediate office or unit.
B. Outside of Company
No outside contact.
V. WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
A. Physical Tasks
Exerts frequent physical energy. Climbs ladders. Lifts and carries heavy objects.
B. Working Conditions
Occasionally exposed to disagreeable conditions. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel overnight or on weekends. May work second or third shift. May embark on ship or airplane to accomplish assignments.
Required Skills and Education:
Required education: High School/GED
Preferred Skills and Education:
Minimum Qualifications is any of the following:
Associates Degree - 0 year(s) related experience
High School Diploma or GED - 2 years related experience
NOTE: When a degree is required, one in the subject closest to the field of work is preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, Special Requirements:
About BAE Systems Support Solutions:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include: • Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services • Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats • Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations • High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Director, Workforce Development
Logistic Specialties, Inc. (LSI)
1530 N. Layton Hills Pkwy, Ste 201
Layton, Utah 84041
Hill Air Force Base
Hill Air Force Base is accepting resumes directly for professional ENGINEERSand SCIENTISTS in order to fill dozens of vacancies in the next 90 days.
Attached is information about an INVITATION-ONLY interview session on
Wednesday, 3 December at the Hill Aerospace Museum. The general public is
not invited - only those ENGINEER and SCIENTIST candidates who submit a
resume and are pre-vetted for eligibility will be issued a personal
This interviewing event is for those seeking full-time, permanent employment
as ENGINEERS or SCIENTISTS within the next six months. Students graduating
in Spring of 2015 should definitely apply, as we can make conditional offers
prior to graduation.
Hill AFB accepts resumes directly for engineers and scientists such as:
- Electrical/Electronics Engineer
- Computer Scientist
- Computer Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- General (Multi-Disciplinary) Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Operations Research Analyst
We cannot accept applications directly for engineering technicians or
student interns. Second attachment explains how to search and apply for
federal job opportunities in Utah and elsewhere, regardless of occupation.
Anyone sending resumes or other documents to me should also courtesy copy
Sarah Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workforce Strategic Planning & Partnerships
Air Force Sustainment Center
Engineering & Technical Mgt Directorate
Hill Air Force Base, Utah
ELIGIBILITY TO ATTEND
- You must have a personal invitation from Cassie email@example.com or Joyce firstname.lastname@example.org to attend.
- You need to have a BS degree that qualifies you for Air Force engineer or scientist positions by May 2015. (Engineering Technology degrees are not acceptable.)
- You need to be available for permanent, full-time employment by June 2015.
DATE AND TIME
- Wednesday, 3 December, from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm.
- Last name A-L may arrive at any time after 9:00, and interview for no more than 4 ½ hours.
- Last name M-Z may arrive at any time after 10:00, and interview for no more than 4 ½ hours.
- You will receive a color-coded time slip at the registration table.
- Hill Aerospace Museum, Exit 338 on I-15.
- Go EAST from the I-15 off ramp.
- Turn LEFT at the museum sign just BEFORE you get to the gate guards for Hill AFB.
- If you are talking to a gate guard, you have gone too far - the museum is just North of Hill AFB.
- You may park in the museum lot, and if that is full, park along the road near the outdoor displays.
WHAT TO BRING:
- 20 or more copies of your resume to hand out to those who interview you.
- A copy of your transcripts, just for reference as you talk to supervisors or leads.
INTERVIEWING EVENT PROCEEDINGS:
1. You may arrive at the Museum any time after your scheduled start time, but will be permitted to interview for a maximum of 4 ½ hours after check-in.
2. You will register at the table in the Museum lobby - bring evidence of your personal invitation.
3. You will be issued a name tag and a color-coded slip of paper with the latest time you are permitted to interview. (For example, if you arrive at 9:00, your time slip would say “No interviews after 1:30”.)
4. You will be directed to the back of the Museum where tables are set up with supervisors, team leads or engineer recruiters from various organizations who have job vacancies.
5. You will be given a “map” of tables with the type of skills each is looking for in candidates.
6. You can line up to talk to representatives from the areas that most interest you.
7. “Floaters” will be walking through the interview area to answer questions that you may have about the hiring process, organizations that best match your skills, etc.
8. Each interview is permitted to last only 10 minutes, to maximize the number of work areas each attendee can explore.
9. Supervisors will keep a copy of your resume and contact you later for a second interview, tour of the work area, introduction to the work team, etc., if they are interested in recruiting you.
HOW TO FIND FEDERAL JOB OPPORTUNITIES
If you are interested in working as a civilian employee at Hill AFB or elsewhere in the federal government, you can find opportunities at http://www.usajobs.gov
1. In the “Where” block, enter your home town and state (or the city/state where you are willing to relocate). You can enter Hill AFB if you want to see all of the jobs open within 20 miles of Hill.
2. Click on the blue “Search” key.
3. A list will appear of federal jobs available within a 20 mile radius of the location you selected. (You may adjust the radius to refine your search.) There will likely be several pages of announcements.
HILL AFB CAN ACCEPT RESUMES DIRECTLY FOR ENGINEERS AND SCIENTISTS
Because there is a critical shortage of engineers, computer scientists and other types of scientists in the DoD, Hill AFB is permitted to accept resumes directly for these positions. Hill recruits for positions it manages in several locations, including Utah, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Okinawa and other small Air Force Bases.
If you have a BS degree in engineering, computer science or another scientific field (sorry, an engineering technology degree is not acceptable in the Air Force) you may submit your resume directly to Hill AFB and you DO NOT need to apply on USAJOBS to be considered for science and engineering positions at Hill.
Contact Joyce Peters at email@example.com for more information. She will ask you to send your resume and a copy of your unofficial transcripts, and will help you understand the steps in the federal civilian recruitment and hiring process. She can also help connect you with recruiters in Dayton OH, Oklahoma City, Warner-Robins GA, and other locations around the country who can accept scientist and engineer resumes directly for vacancies at their installations.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MOST OTHER FEDERAL POSITIONS
While Hill AFB can accept resumes directly for engineer and scientist positions, most occupations (e.g., trades and crafts, engineering technicians, quality control, etc.) require you to apply to a vacancy announcement on USAJOBS.
1. Using the search method above, select an announcement that interests you.
2. Review the “Qualifications and Evaluations” section of the job announcement to see if you qualify.
3. To apply for the job, follow the instructions in the “How to Apply” section of the vacancy announcement very carefully. (NOTE: Vacancy announcements drop from USAJOBS immediately after the closing date, so you will want to keep a copy for future reference.)
TYPES OF WORK PERFORMED AT HILL AFB
Most technical jobs currently open at Hill are in the Ogden Air Logistics Complex. OO-ALC provides logistics, support, maintenance, distribution and engineering management for the F-16, C-130, A-10, F-22 and 27 other actively flying, mature and proven weapon systems, including the Minuteman III ICBM. The Complex is the leading provider of aircraft landing gear, pneudraulics, secondary power systems, composites, software, rocket motors, small missiles, air munitions and guided bombs, and serves as the DOD aircraft maintenance and regeneration group at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona.
For more information on the type of work performed at Ogden Air Logistics Complex, go to:
HarmanOnce again Harman is offering a great opportunity for a student! This assignment will likely last 6-9 months and is flexible with a class schedule. Please feel free to circulate to your students who may have an interest. All inquiries should be directed to me.
As always, when we network and help one another we all benefit.
Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®.The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
High-tech companies like Harman International are making big changes in the way they manage their businesses. Customers expect the products to be increasingly complex, but with lower cost and higher quality. To remain competitive, successful companies are agile and efficient, decreasing product development cycle time, and drawing from engineering and manufacturing resources around the world. These companies deploy complex data management systems to get the right data to the right people – whether the people are in the mountains of Utah or in urban Shenzhen, China. The people must have confidence in the data and make flash decisions based on the data.
This is your chance to join a leading, high-tech audio equipment company, to learn and innovate as we attack these challenges.
Job Title: PLM Engineering Data Analysis Intern
Department: Harman Professional Division Engineering Systems
Reports To: HPD Senior Technical Program Manager
1. Provide data analysis support for engineering data management systems.
a. The main system is Windchill, a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system from PTC.
b. The PLM system interfaces with the division’s mechanical and electrical CAD systems and libraries, and with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
2. Help to maintain the data tables which are used by the PLM-ERP interface, for new part creation and workflows.
a. The tables reside in ERP, and currently they are changed using Excel and Access.
b. Help to improve the method and tools for changing the PLM-ERP part creation and workflow tables.
3. Participate in project to improve system ease-of-use and user effectiveness.
a. Develop questionnaires or interviews to collect user feedback. Identify the main ‘pain points’, time-consuming activities, user interface challenges and opportunities.
b. Implement improvements to address the main issues.
c. Develop metrics and gather data to measure the cost/ time savings from the improvements.
4. Help to maintain and improve access control in the PLM system, and maintain the documents used to track access.
5. Mine the databases using reports and queries, with SQL*Plus, Query Builder, and Cognos.
1. Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Access.
2. Knowledge of database fundamentals.
3. Knowledge in Visual Basic.
4. Knowledge of XML file usage and schemas.
1. Fascinated with databases and enterprise systems.
2. Curious to follow the data journey, as a high-tech audio product evolves from inception to engineering to manufacturing and beyond.
Thanks for your continued support,
JACKIE L. RILEY
Manager, Human Resources
Signal Processing BU
10653 So. River Front Parkway
South Jordan, UT 84095
Phone: +1 801 568 7522 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web: www.harman.com Mobile: +1 801 688 4299
USAF InternshipsAn opportunity exists for students in Utah to be part of a virtual research environment with Air Force Research Labs (AFRL) in Ohio. The AFRL Discovery Center enables intense collaboration and innovation without boundaries and without limits. For more information go to http://wbi-icc.com/centers-
These internships would be performed at Hill Air Force Base in Utah on a flexible work schedule - part time - 10-20 hrs. per week. The Internship would likely begin in February and last for 10 weeks. In addition to the prestige of conducting research with AFRL (which looks great on a resume), this is a paid internship for up to $10.00 per hour. Applicants should be in a pre-engineering or engineering program. This experience could lead to further internship opportunities with ARFL and career opportunities in the Department of Defense.
Send resume to Dr. Williams at email@example.com
Subject: DLAB OO-ALC
Applicants will receive an email from Dr. Williams detailed instructions.
STUDENT WILL NEED TO RESPOND PROMPTLY TO DR. WILLIAMS EMAIL. He is only allowing 2-3 days to respond.
Any questions about the program contact Dr. Williams.
Case, Lowe & Hart, Inc.
EE Position Available
Architectural & Engineering Firm is looking to hire a recent graduate from an ABET accredited school of Electrical Engineering. The successful individual would have passed, or be close to taking, the FE exam.
Successful individual will perform all duties under the direction of an Electrical PE in preparation for the PE exam. Individual will plan and design electrical components, controls, equipment, lighting, machinery and prepare specifications. Once individual has successfully passed the PE exam they will stamp all drawings. Additionally, individual will co-ordinate work with other disciplines and prepare proposals and cost estimates. Individual will be able to meet fixed deadlines, have flexibility and multitask. Individual will be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, procedures and established guidelines. Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) would be helpful as all our work must comply with this. Work experience within building and facility engineering field is helpful as is engineering for building construction and the construction trades. Responsibilities will also include electrical building commissioning on designs that they have not stamped. As a consulting engineering firm it’s important that the candidate be able to interact with clients and understand that their time is billed to those clients.
We’ve been in business since 1963, offer competitive salary and benefits package, and flexible work schedule. Our project list is extensive and varied from military bases, to food and manufacturing facilities. Our staff turnover is exceedingly low. This position could place a successful candidate on track to be a Principal.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Case, Lowe & Hart, Inc.
2484 Washington Blvd. Ste. 510
Ogden, Utah 84401
QnergyWe are currently searching for student interns to work around 20 hours per week at our facility in Ogden. We are looking for junior or senior level Engineering students in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, etc.
We are offering paid internships starting immediately and running through this semester and next (even ongoing).
Please feel free to contact me if you would like additional information
Brandy Mazoyer SPHR
O. +1.801.752.0100 ext. 511
Title: Engineering InternReports to: Engineer
Job summary: The engineering intern will participate as a member of the engineering team at Qnergy, Inc. by working directly with the engineering staff to design, develop, and test Stirling engine generators. The intern will work on a wide-variety of tasks related to electrical control theory, mechanical design, software development, fatigue and failure analysis, data acquisition, and data mining and analysis. The intern will work under the direct supervision of a full-time engineer at Qnergy.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems
· Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
· Mechanical aptitude for hands-on, general, and precision work
· Working knowledge of basic tools and measuring equipment
· Ability to be flexible with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record of meeting deadlines assigned
· Minimum computer proficiency: MS Office products
· Familiarity with basic desktop office software
· Current enrollment in a technical field of study: engineering, physics, computer science, or mathematics
Physical effort and dexterity:
· Some lifting up to 80 pounds may be required
· Regular use of a computer keyboard is required
· Employee regularly sits for a number of hours per shift
· This position requires the employee to be present in the office or on the job site, and therefore, attendance is an essential function of this position
Visual acuity, hearing and speaking:
· Employee is regularly required to speak and hear clearly, both in person and by telephone
· Regularly utilizes written and oral communication skills
· Requires ability to read and interpret information and documents
· Performs detailed work on multiple concurrent projects
Environment and scheduling:
· Primarily engineering, laboratory, and shop environments, but significant exposure to outdoor environments should be anticipated
· Must be willing and able to work at the jobsite
· Work responsibilities may require access to areas where noise and temperature levels are elevated
· The employee is regularly required to perform a wide variety of physical tasks, from handling small precision machined parts to lifting and carrying up to 80 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qnergy, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer; individuals are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.