What is Wellness Pays?
- Wellness Pays is an incentive program provided by WSU Employee Wellness for salaried employees designed to reward participation in healthy activities. By having regular preventive care, being physically active, and engaging in other healthy behaviors, well-being can be improved or maintained, and chronic diseases can be prevented.
- A salaried employee may earn up to $200 per calendar year (Jan. 1 – Dec. 1) by completing items on the Wellness Pays menu, with no more than $80 from any single category.
Changes for 2014
1. The physical activity requirement for a Personal Exercise Program (tracked with the exercise log) is a minimum of 150 minutes (2.5 hours) of physical activity over at least 3 days per week.
2. The requirement for a personal stress management program (tracked with the stress management log) is now a minimum of two activities focused on stress relief per week for at least 15 minutes.
Wellness Pays activity submission will be deactivated every Friday from 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM. During the month of December it will be deactivated every day from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
Wellness Pays Menu
- Annual Physical Exam
- Annual Mammogram
- Annual Pap Smear
- Colon Screening/Colonoscopy
- Rectal Exam
- Skin Cancer Checkup
- Annual Dental Exam
- Annual Eye Exam
*Individuals who may not be able to participate in the above activities due to a physical condition may see the Employee Wellness Office for alternatives.
- Participate in 2 or more 5K’s or 10K’s
- Participate in 2 or more bike races or sprint triathlons
- Participate in one half or full marathon, or one Intermediate (or longer) triathlon
- Participate in a relay race event
- Participate in physical activity incentive program offered by WSU Employee Wellness
- Participate in seasonal sports activity (recreational league softball, basketball, etc.)
- Participate in Employee Wellness or Campus Recreation group fitness classes for a semester (75% attendance required)
- Exercise program approved or designed by WSU Employee Wellness followed for 3 months
- Complete Intuitive Eating workshop
- Participate in Weight Watchers for 3 months
- Attend 3 Lunch & Learn events
- Participate in a nutrition wellness challenge offered by WSU Employee Wellness (i.e., Eat Your Colors)
- Enroll in a WSU health-related course (i.e., nutrition, stress management)
- Check & record Blood Pressure weekly for 3 months
- Check & record Blood Glucose daily for 3 months
- Participate in Wellness Coaching for 3 months
- Complete a Lifestyle Improvement course (i.e., Blomquist Hale Change Group or Class)
- Read a wellness-related book
- Stress Management program approved or designed by WSU Employee Wellness followed for 3 months
- Complete Stress Management workshop
- Attend Stress Relief Center (Stress Lab) weekly for 3 months
- Participate in Weber in Motion