Early College - Graduation
I am almost done with the requirements for my General Studies associates degree. What are my next steps?
At the beginning of the semester in which you will complete the requirements for your degree, set up an appointment with your WSU Early College advisor to begin the graduation sign-off process. Review the checklist items below to ensure you complete all the required steps.
Post Credit to WSU Transcript
Concurrent Enrollment Credit from other colleges/universities
- Request official college/university transcript to be sent to WSU after final grades post
Credit from AP, CLEP, or other exams
- List WSU as the college/university to receive your scores when you register for exams
- In July, verify that WSU has received all your exam scores
- Pay for and post AP/CLEP credit (weber.edu/admissions/ap_guidelines.html)
- If you paid the fee to post previous scores, you do not have to pay again
Apply for Graduation
- Meet with your Early College advisor for a graduation sign-off appointment.
- Complete the WSU Graduation Application online through your student portal by the deadline listed on the Graduation website.
- Check the WSU Commencement website for graduation day details, including cap and gown pick up.
Verify Completion of Degree
- In early August, verify all credit (e.g., AP, concurrent, and credit from other colleges) has posted to your WSU transcript.
- Check WSU CatTracks to verify your degree has posted.
If you are applying for the Utah Board of Regents New Century Scholarship, you will need to complete the following additional steps by the listed deadlines.
- Notify your Early College advisor that you are seeking the New Century Scholarship.
- Submit the New Century Scholarship application to the Board of Regents New Century Scholarship Office by February 1 of your senior year.
- Submit the New Century Scholarship verification documents to the Board of Regents New Century Scholarship Office by September 1 after your senior year.
Is there a commencement (graduation) ceremony?
Yes. WSU has commencement ceremonies at the end of the fall and spring semesters. Convocations are also held in the spring. Information about commencement and convocations can be found on the Commencement website.
What is the difference between commencement and convocation?
Commencement is a ceremony for all WSU graduates. Convocations are additional ceremonies honoring only the graduates from a particular college. If you are graduating with your General Studies associates degree, you are invited to attend the General Studies Convocation.