Early College - Graduation
I am almost done with the requirements for my General Studies associates degree. What are my next steps?
At the beginning of the semester in which you will complete the requirements for your degree, set up an appointment with your WSU Early College advisor to begin the graduation sign-off process. Review the checklist items below to ensure you complete all the required steps.
Post Credit to WSU Transcript
- Request your high school and college transcripts be sent to WSU.
- Pay for and post AP test credit.
- Meet with your Early College advisor for a graduation sign-off appointment.
- Complete the WSU Graduation Application online through your student portal by the deadline listed on the Graduation website.
- Check the WSU Commencement website for graduation day details, including cap and gown pick up.
Verify Completion of Degree
- Verify all credit (e.g., AP, concurrent, and credit from other colleges) has posted to your WSU transcript.
- Check your WSU transcript or CatTracks degree evaluation to verify your degree has posted (can take up to one to two months after the end of the semester).
If you are applying for the Utah Board of Regents New Century Scholarship, you will need to complete the following additional steps by the listed deadlines.
- Notify your Early College advisor that you are seeking the New Century Scholarship.
- Submit the New Century Scholarship application to the Board of Regents New Century Scholarship Office by February 1, 2013.
- Submit the New Century Scholarship verification documents to the Board of Regents New Century Scholarship Office by September 1, 2013.
Is there a commencement (graduation) ceremony?
Yes. WSU has commencement ceremonies at the end of the fall and spring semesters. Convocations are also held in the spring. Information about commencement and convocations can be found on the Commencement website.
What is the difference between commencement and convocation?
Commencement is a ceremony for all WSU graduates. Convocations are additional ceremonies honoring only the graduates from a particular college. If you are graduating with your General Studies associates degree, you are invited to attend the General Studies Convocation.