Early College - Scholarships for Home-Schooled Students
Are there scholarships available to help me pay for courses I take as an Early College student?
There are two scholarship options for home-schooled Early College students: WSU Academic Scholarships (ACT/SAT based) and WSU Early College Need-Based Scholarships (private donor). View the Early College Scholarship Policy to check your eligibility.
To apply for WSU Academic Scholarships you will need to submit WSU's online Scholarship Application. This is accessed through the eWeber Student portal.
- Log into your student portal, click the "Student Services" tab
- Click the "Scholarship Application" link on the left side of the page
- Because you are an Early College student, ONLY do three things on this form:
- Complete the Verification of Lawful Status section
- In the Short Essay section, only type "Early College" into the first box and leave the rest of the boxes blank (i.e., don't answer the questions in this section)
- Click "Submit"
How do I accept my Early College Scholarship?
- Log into eWeber.
- Click on the “Student Services” tab
- Click on “My Award Information”
- Click on “Accept/Review Award Offer by Aid Year”
- Select Aid Year
- Select the 4th tab over, “Select Award Offer”; change from “Undecided” to “Accept”; Make sure to “Submit Decision”
For Need-Based Scholarships, please write a thank you letter to the donor and submit it to our office. This requirement must be satisfied to accept the scholarship.
What is the New Century Scholarship?
The New Century Scholarship is a scholarship program administered through the Utah State Board of Regents. Home-schooled students must meet all application requirements (including earning an associates degree by June 15th of the year their peer group graduates from high school) and deadlines to be awarded the scholarship.
Can I use the New Century Scholarship to pay for Early College courses?
No. The New Century Scholarship is not awarded until after your high school class has graduated, at which point you would no longer be considered an Early College student.
Can out-of-state students be awarded Early College Scholarships?
No. Early College Scholarships can only be awarded to students who qualify for Utah residency for tuition purposes. Contact WSU's Admissions Office with questions about residency.