Step 2: Complete the Application Process (Home School Students)
What are the eligibility requirements for home-schooled students?
- Be the equivalent of a high school sophomore, junior, or senior when you plan to start the Early College Program.
- Have an ACT score of at least 21 or an SAT score of at least 990.
- Note: Sophomores may register for only 7 credits or two classes each semester starting in the fall of the equivalent of their 10th grade year. Sophomores must take UNIV 1105 "Foundations of College Success" in their first semester participating in Early College.
Is there a deadline to apply to the Early College Program?
There is not a deadline to complete the application process; however, we recommend you apply at least two weeks before the first day of the semester that you wish to begin taking courses.
What are the application requirements for home-schooled students?
- Complete the Early College Admissions Application online with the assistance of a parent or legal guardian.
- Pay the non-refundable $30 application fee as you complete the online admissions application. You can also mail in a check or contact WSU's Cashier's Office at 801-626-8006 for other payment options. (If you took WSU Concurrent Enrollment courses you have already paid this fee.)
- Submit your official ACT/SAT score sheet. If you haven't taken the ACT, WSU offers a Residual ACT that can be taken for admission into WSU. Contact WSU's Testing Center at 801-626-6803 or weber.edu/testingcenter for more information.
- Submit the Parental Informed Consent Agreement after your parent or legal guardian has signed it.
Submit all documents by mail to WSU's Admissions Office, 3885 West Campus Dr Dept 1137, Ogden, UT 84408-1137 or in person at WSU-Ogden Student Services Center Room 201.
How will I know that I have been admitted?
You will receive an acceptance letter from WSU's Admissions Office within a week.