Criminal Justice Departmental Honors
Students earning departmental honors will be recognized in the following ways:
- “Department of Criminal Justice Honors” designation on the official transcript
- "Department of Criminal Justice Honors" printed on the degree diploma
- Personalized letter signed by the President of the University and Honors Director
- Invitations to Honors educational and social events
To earn Departmental Honors in Criminal Justice, a student must:
- Be declared as a Criminal Justice major, earning a Bachelor’s degree.
- Earn a cumulative WSU GPA of 3.5 and a Criminal Justice departmental GPA of 3.6.
- Do one of the following:
- Present a scholarly paper in a public forum such as the Undergraduate Research Conference or some other regional or national academic conference
- Provide substantial and meaningful criminal justice related service in the community as approved by the Criminal Justice Department Honors Advisor
Students who have not yet completed their General Education requirements are encouraged to take Honors General Education classes.
How to apply for Departmental Honors in Criminal Justice:
- Complete the “Entrance Form” for Departmental Honors with the Criminal Justice Department Honors Advisor
- Bring the completed and signed form to Marilyn Diamond, the WSU Honors Advisor, in the Honors Center (2nd floor of the Stewart Library), 801-626-7336
How to graduate with departmental honors:
- Meet the requirements listed in this flyer.
- Complete the “Exit Form” for Departmental Honors with the Criminal Justice Department Honors Advisor
- Apply for graduation with the Graduation Office in the Student Services Center.
- Bring the completed and signed form to the WSU Honors Advisor, Marilyn Diamond, in the Honors Center (2nd floor of Stewart Library), 801-626-7366