The deadline for Summer, 2015 admission is April 24, 2015.
At this time, we are not allowed to accept students into our program from the following states:
Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland,
Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, and
Admission to the fully On-line Master of Criminal Justice program is open all applicants from all undergraduate degrees. As an applicant, you will be evaluated on past academic performance (GPA - a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required of all applicants), personal Letters of Recommendation, and overall experience in the criminal justice field or other related areas of expertise. The GRE IS NOT required for admission to our program. Prior to being considered for admission, the Criminal Justice Department must be in receipt of the following materials:
- A completed application to the Master of Criminal Justice program
- Pay the Graduate Application Fee: $60
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended sent to the Department of Criminal Justice (if you're a Weber State University graduate, call the records office and request that all of your transcripts be sent to the Department of Criminal Justice)
- A resume or vita (be sure to include a current e-mail address)
- A written personal statement explaining interest in the program (2-3 double-spaced pages detailing how your past academic, professional, and personal experiences have prepared you for graduate work in general and our program in particular).
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (sent directly to the Department of Criminal Justice c/o the Graduate Director
- TOEFL (for those who are not International Students, but for whom English is not their primary language)
In addition to the above requirements, International Students must also complete the following:
When should I apply?
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis for fall, spring, and summer admissions.
Where can I get more information?
Contact Dr. Bruce Bayley: firstname.lastname@example.org