CIL Proctor Agreement Form
Proctor Agreement Form and Request an Exam Form (Form 2)
(for Online NTM Computer and Information Literacy exam online and out-of-state students [CIL] only)
For out-of-state online students and online students who are 50 miles from the main campus only. Please read proctor information below form. Student must fill out all information on both Approval and Proctor/Request and Exam forms before a test will be sent to the proctor.
By submitting the form below I agree to proctor one or more of the following Weber State University, Network Technology and Business Multimedia Department’s (NTM), Computer and Information Literacy Exams (CIL) - NTM TA1501, TB1502, TC1503, and TD1504. Please read Proctor information on Online Exams page. Proctors CANNOT be a friend or family member.
Angela Christensen, Exam Administrator
Proctor Instructions for CIL Exams
It is only necessary to have a flash drive to submit the required 1502 .docx file or if the student is unable to upload to Chitester. Students can take the exams in any order.
- Student is to upload each test to the WSU Chitester system immediately upon completion. The password is on the test.
- If the tests are not uploaded or if the student is concerned about the upload please have the student e-mail completed test files to exam administrator immediately upon completion of each exam. CIL@weber.edu
- Be sure to have the student save the document in the appropriate document format (Example: if using Excel save as an Excel document)
- Excel/Powerpoint exam must have the formula sheet as well as the spreadsheet and PowerPoint pressentation submitted.
- The Document Creation(DOC) exam must be the completed document.
- Content, Internet Identity, and Device Management must submit a word document with the defined technology terms and sources.
- All exams are timed, closed book computer and information literacy exams.
- No help is to be given the student while the exam is in progress.
- Talking or opening books will disqualify the student from the exam.
- Sixty (60) minutes is allotted to take each exam.
- Student must be monitored while exam is in progress.
- Students may use the Help feature of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows while taking each exam with the exception of the 1504 exam.
- Work is to be saved often. Computers crash. If work is not saved and the computer crashes, the student will have to start over with no additional time.
- If the file is not readable the student must retake the exam (e-mail exam prior to closing software or save to desktop). Please see that the student is using an appropriate start file and software. Check start file before using.
- The WSU NTM department is currently using the following software: Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Windows 7.
- The student is responsible for checking back with the exam administrator to see if each exam is passed.
- Failed exams must be retaken during the semester in which the student is registered. A $10 fee, paid to the WSU Cashier, is required for each retake. A student may retake each exam twice. Proof of payment must accompany each retaken test.
- The credit/no credit score will be available to the student two weeks after the exam administrator receives the test. Grades are recorded at http://canvas.weber.edu
- Practice problems are available on this web site.