Why Do I Need to Record My Hours?
Registering your service hours with CCEL:
• Provides the university with a more accurate picture of the community engagement happening on our campus
• Enables CCEL to recognize all of our campus members who are engaged in the community
• It is the official hours tracking system for staff participating in the Service Leave Policy (PPM 3-66) wherein staff can be granted up to 8 hours leave to participate in voluntary service to the community through the following CCEL sponsored days of service: WSU’s Day of Remembrance, WSU Honors MLK Week, and WSU Makes a Difference in Ogden.
• Helps faculty and staff keep track of all of their community engagement in one place for resume building and other purposes. You can access your community engagement record online at any time from anywhere
How to Record Your Hours
First, you need to register with the Center For Community Engaged Learning.
• If you are volunteering at one of the events that counts for Weber State’s Service Leave Policy, you will be asked to “sign-in” or “swipe in” using your WSU Wildcard at the registration table at each event. You will visit the registration table again when you leave the event to “sign out.” The time you spend at the event will be posted in the system.
• If you are volunteering in the community not as part of the Service Leave Policy and you are at a community organization with CCEL's Wildcat Card Swipe Check-in/out Station, all you need to do is swipe your Wildcat card when you arrive and when you leave. The hours you volunteer will automatically be recorded in the CCEL's Hours Tracking System, WeberSync. Don't forget to swipe out when you leave the organization for the day.
• If you are volunteering at a community organization that does not have the CCEL's Wildcat Card Swipe Check-in/out Station, login to WeberSync and follow the following steps:
1. Click "My Tools" at the top of the screen.
2. Click "Involvement" in the drop-down menu.
3. Click "Add Involvement Entry" in the top, right corner of the screen.
4. Use the "Add Activities" radio button.
5. Select your involvement group with which you have completed your volunteer hours (ie: Faculty/Staff Community Engagement).
6. Type the name of the Agency where you completed your volunteer hours, the number of hours and the date(s).
7. Type the name, title, email address and phone number of the Volunteer Coordinator or Secretary at the Agency where you completed your volunteer hours.
• Proof of Participation is option but is where you could upload a photo of your volunteer activity, etc
• If you are having problems, please visit our WeberSync Frequently Asked Questions sheet. If you are unable to find an answer to your question(s) there, please email or call the CCEL at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-626-7737. Thanks you for being patient with us in this transition.