The fall semester of each academic year is used to train people in the pedagogy and assist them in course construction via structured workshops. By semester's end, the CEL Fellow will have a revamped course containing a community-based learning component. The newly enhanced course can then be taught the following spring semester.
Typical Program Schedule
- Attend statewide CEL retreat (Sponsored by Utah Campus Compact)
September - November
- Attend five workshops approximately every other week
- Apply for Temporary CEL designation on course (September)
- Attend group social
January - April
- Teach newly revamped course
- Apply for CEL designation on newly revamped course (February)
- Meet with CEL Fellows for book discussions and to be fully embedded in the community
May - July
- Select new CEL Fellows
Interested in becoming a CEL Fellow?Contact Leah Murray at email@example.com if you are interested in becoming a CEL Fellow.
Fellows are selected at the end of Spring Semester and begin the program in August of each academic year.