Catholic Community Services
Catholic Community Services (CCS) of Northern Utah provides for the basic needs of Northern Utah and creates hope for those who need it most. One ways they assist the community is through the Joyce Hansen Hall Food Bank which provides an average of 2300 food boxes every month to families in the Ogden Area as the largest food bank in Northern Utah. St. Martha’s Baby Layette Program provides approximately 50 brand-new layettes filled with much-needed baby items each month to area low-income mothers.
Other programs also include:
- Special food programs and site food deliveries
- Baby layettes and case management for mothers in need
- Back to School Bonanza provides new backpacks and school supplies
- Coats for Kids provides warm coats and other winter items
Catholic Community Services of Utah (CCS) started in 1945 when Rev. Duane G. Hunt of the Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake City recognized the need for an organized effort to assist the poor and needy. In 1982, Northern Utah services were offered in Ogden for the first time, and in 1994, the Northern Utah program expanded with the rental assistance program and food pantry.
CCS couldn’t do all that they do without their volunteers!
- CCS of Northern Utah only has a paid staff of 7 people. . . They need volunteers!
- Around 400 volunteers per month come help at their site or their events
- 1600-1800 volunteer hours are logged per month at CCS of Northern Utah
How to Get Involved with CCS
Become a Volunteer:
Catholic Community Services is always looking for help on our projects. Although we have a variety of programs to help the community we only have seven paid staff to oversee those projects. We are in constant need of volunteers and anything you can do to help will be appreciated. Listed below are just a few ways students have helped us in the past:
- Becoming a Front Desk Greeter
- Volunteering as a Driver’s Assistant
- Intaking New Clients and Issuing CCS Food Cards
- Helping in the Food Warehouse
- Assist with Monthly Reporting
- Deliver Food to Home-bound Clients
- Produce Monthly Newsletters
- Organize Food and Toiletry Drives
Join the Community Engaged Leaders Program
Catholic Community Services is one of the organizations served under the WSU Community Engaged Leaders program. The Community Engaged Leaders CCS program recruits student volunteers for CCS’s various programs and services. Community Engaged Leaders is a student-run community service program, and is part of
New volunteers will need to attend an orientation, which is held at CCS’ office every Tuesday from 2:00 – 3:00 pm. Volunteer groups do not need to attend an orientation, they just need to set up the dates and times through the volunteer coordinator by calling (801) 428-1293 or emailing email@example.com.
The Center for Community Engaged Learning
2113 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-2113