Participating in the program allows you to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. In addition, full-time members who complete their service earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award to pay for college or graduate school, or to pay back qualified student loans
How does it work?Students engage in service activities and report time and progress to a supervisor. The hours accumulate over the course of 12 months. At the end of service, students exit the program and receive the scholarship.
There are two scholarship amounts, each correlating to service terms:
- 300 hours in one calendar year = $1,175
- 450 hours in one calendar year = $1,468
Am I eligible?Eligible applicants must:
- Be a student at an institution of higher education in Utah
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED (or obtain one during the year of service)
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien
How do I sign up?Interested students must:
- Attend one AmeriCorps training session held twice each year (September and January - orientation dates are listed on the right-hand side of the screen). This training is approximately 1-1/2 hours long. Proof of citizenship (copy of birth certificate or passport) must be brought.
- Complete the official AmeriCorps application and submit appropriate paperwork to the Center For Community Engaged Learning.
For questions or more information, please contact CCEL at 801-626-7737 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us in room 327 of the Shepherd Union Building.