To help faculty properly refer students, we've put together this guide of our services. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Career Services is a center on campus that provides free career advisement to Weber State students and alumni. We have professional career counselors over every college on campus (find your counselor). We also sponsor various career-related events during the year that can help students network and find employment.
Choosing a Major
When students are unsure of which field they'd like to go into, we usually recommend assessment testing. This process allows students to take tests and work individually with their career counselor to identify their skills, interests, and personality. The tests match the students up with various careers that would be well-suited to them.
Here are the tests we offer:
- Career Liftoff
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
For the student who has a few ideas of what they'd like to go into but doesn't know how to get there, we suggest meeting with one of our career counselors. They can help students explore careers and provide information about educational requirements, salary, job security, etc.
Finding a Job
Our center can help students in every step of the job-searching process. Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Employment Counseling: meeting with a career counselor to discuss job-hunting options
- CareerConnect: an online job board comprising of over 5,000 employers exclusively for WSU students/alumni
- Career Library: an in-office collection of printed and digital career-searching materials
- Resume Reviews: having one of our counselors critique a student's resume
- Mock Interviews: videotaped practice interview sessions with a career counselor
- Career Fairs: events sponsored by Career Services that help students network with potential employers
The initial step in the assessment testing process (see above).
For obtaining information about a certain career or field.
For help finding a job in a particular field
To have one of our career counselors look over a student's resume.
A videotaped practice interview session with one our our counselors.
Career Services hosts various career-related events during the year, with the aim to help students learn essential job-seeking skills, find jobs, and get help preparing for graduate school.
View our Event Schedule for details.
Student Services Bldg. Rm 230
Weber State University
1105 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-1105
Mon. - Thurs. 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Summer & Between Semester Hours
Mon. - Fri. 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.