JOHN A. & TELITHA E. LINDQUIST SCHOLARSHIP FOR CREATIVE and ARTISTIC ENDEAVORS and the
TELITHA E. LINDQUIST ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
STUDENT GUIDELINES for 2013-2014 awards
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS (and their faculty mentors):
The John A. and Telitha E. Lindquist Scholarship for Creative and Artistic Endeavors and the Telitha E. Lindquist Academic Scholarship are the foremost private scholarships available to Arts and Humanities students. Each scholarship seeks to enhance and enrich the academic, social, cultural, and artistic efforts of the students of the College of Arts & Humanities.
Checklist of steps and deadlines to qualify and apply:
• Students must have a declared major in a program within the College of Arts & Humanities.
• Students must update their scholarship application found on their “Student Services” page: log into the student portal from the WSU homepage, then verify or add personal information for scholarships. The deadline for the 2013-2014 academic year is January 14, 2013.
• By January 11th, students must request a letter of recommendation -nomination from an A&H faculty member familiar with their schoolwork. Faculty recommendations/nominations are at the discretion of the faculty.
• By January 18th faculty in the College of Arts & Humanities may recommend/nominate a student and must provide a letter describing the student’s qualifications to the Dean’s Office in the Browning Center, Room 312, before 5:00 p.m. Faculty should use the students name as listed on WSU’s records and provide the student’s WSU email.
• By February 1st, at 5:00PM, nominees need to have submitted their letter, application, and sample of creative or scholarly work in the Lindquist Scholarship class in Canvas. No exceptions will be made for submissions after the deadline. Both the letter and the application need to be submitted.
• Some students may not qualify for this scholarship because of other awards.
• Nominated students are responsible for all requested information by stated deadlines.
THE LINDQUIST APPLICATION PROCESS WILL BE DONE IN CANVAS THIS YEAR. ONLY THOSE STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOMINATION LETTERS SUBMITTED BY FACULTY NO LATER THAN JANUARY 18TH WILL RECEIVE AN INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CANVAS COURSE.