Dean W. and Carol W. Hurst Artist-in-Residence Program
About the Hurst Artist-in-Residence:
The Hurst Artist-in-Residence program was established in 1998 and is made possible by an endowment from Dean W. and Carol W. Hurst. This unique program enables world-renowned artists and scholars to visit Weber State University to interact and work directly with students, faculty, staff and the Northern Utah community. Each year, a committee selects the artist/scholars from proposals received by departments within the Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities.
About the Selection Process:
Each fall, the Dean of the Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities will issue a call for proposals for the following academic year. A committee of at least three faculty members or staff reads and ranks all proposals. The Dean's Office is able to provide applicants with results of the review process before the end of fall semester.
Click here for a full calendar of deadlines and dates for the selection process.
Past Hurst Artists-in-Residence:
- 2015-2016: Rennie Harris (Dance); Terrance Hayes (English)
- 2014-2015: Jonathan Harris (Visual Art) and Ana Castillo (Foreign Languages)
- 2012-2013: Kristin Leahey (Theatre)
- 2011-2012: Pam Houston (English) and Hummie Mann (Performing Arts)
- 2010-2011: Linda Smith (Dance)
- 2009-2010: Warren Lehrer (Visual Arts)
- 2008-2009: Donald Byrd (Dance)
- 2007-2008: Naomi Shihab Nye (English) and Bin Dahn (Visual Arts)
- 2005-2006: Claire Bloom (Theatre)
- 2004-2005: Anthony de Mare (Music)
- 2003-2004: Peter Milton (Visual Arts)
- 2002-2003: Orville Schell (Communication)
- 2001-2002: Amelia Piano Trio (Music)
- 2000-2001: Taylor 2 (Dance)
- 1999-2000: Jane Hirschfield (English)
- 1998-1999: Anthony Zerbe and Roscoe Brown (Theatre)
|NEWS & EVENTS|
For a full calendar of events or to purchase tickets, please visit: cahcalendar
Purchase tickets to all college events here.
HOLIDAY HOURS: Please note, the Lindquist College Dean's Office will be closing at 12 noon Mountain on Wednesday, November 23, 2016.
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Weber State University
Val A. Browning Center
Telitha E. Lindquist College
of Arts & Humanities
Weber State University
3950 West Campus Drive
Ogden, Utah 84408-1904