How Do I Get Started?

Welcome to Weber State Automotive!  
To get started with Weber State Automotive, complete the following steps:  Call 801-626-6579 for assistance. 

New Students:

  1. Get admitted to WSU
  2. Decide which Weber State Automotive program is of interest to you.  Choose one of the following options: 
  3. Submit the online application to the Automotive Technology program of your choice. We will begin accepting applications for the 2015-16 academic year beginning January 3, 2015. Priority Deadline of February 28, 2015.
    • This application is only for those seeking an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree.
    • Even if your long-term goal is to earn a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree, you must complete an A.A.S. degree first.
    • If you already have a two-year automotive degree and you are seeking a B.S. degree, please complete the steps listed under the "transfer students" section below.
    • Please be advised that submitting your application does not guarantee your admission to the program. You will be contacted by an adviser if you qualify for admittance into the program. 
  4. Obtain and submit a copy of your driving record.
  • You must have a current driver's license and a clean driving record to be considered for admission to the program.
  • Most employers cannot hire you if you have too many moving violations.  
  • Typically more than two moving violation in three years is a problem. 
  • You may submit an electronic copy to
  • You may mail a paper copy to our office: WSU Automotive Technology, 1465 Edvalson St., Ogden UT 84408

Transfer students:

 Students who have completed college level courses from an accredited college or university will need to have their records transferred to WSU as part of their New Student application process. 

  • Check the WSU transfer Guide to see which of your classes will transfer, classes not in the guide will have to be evaluated by WSU personnel to determine their transferability.

  • Credits from Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Wyotech, and similar "for-profit" institutions are not college level courses and will not directly transfer to Weber State University; however, challenge examination credit and experiential credit may be available for students with ASE certifications and at least 5 years of industry experience. 

  • Check with your institution to determine if their classes are transferrable to a local state university. If they are,then they will probably also transfer to WSU.. 

  • Call  801-626-7183 or email for more information or to schedule an appointment to review your transfer record.

Returning students:

If you have been away from WSU for more than one semester, you should reactivate your academic record by contacting the admissions office at 801-626-6743.

  1. Apply for Scholarships and Financial Aid
  2. Apply for Automotive Specific Scholarships
  3. Contact your program coordinator to obtain the suggested course sequence and to determine if there are any additional program specific requirements.  Each degree option has a specific program coordinator.
  4. View the class schedule and decide which classes will fit your needs.
  5. Register for your classes as soon as possible. General education classes fill up quickly but tend to have open seats towards the first day of school.
  6. Determine which textbooks you will need.
  7. If needed, purchase a parking permit.
  8. Obtain a WSU Student Identification Card.
  9. Be aware of the WSU policies regarding Acceptable use of computers and the Student Code of Conduct.

Challenge Exams:

Some students may wish to challenge the Computer Information Literacy (CIL) required classes (NTM 1700) by taking a challenge exam.  Sign up for the exams at