The mission of the Automotive Technology Department Bachelor of Science Degree is to prepare graduates for employment in a wide variety of automotive related industries including field service operations, fleet management, technical support activities, and technical Instruction. It will also prepare them to move ahead in organizations such as:
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Aftermarket Management Industry
- Service/Parts Management and Marketing Industry
- Collision Repair and Insurance Industry
- Advanced Vehicle Systems Technical Research and Support
- Educational Institutions and Industry
Automotive Technology graduates will be technically competent and possess strong interpersonal skills. They will have the ability to communicate effectively, be able to solve problems, work in teams, and will have developed an understanding of the need for lifelong learning.