The Bachelor of Science Degree in Automotive Technology - Field Service Operations (FSO) emphasis listed here is a modified version of the B.S. degree Weber State has offered for many years. This modification is a result of input from our National Advisory Committee and potential employers of our graduates. This modification allows the degree requirements to more closely match the demands of today's job marketplace and today's automotive industry.
This degree option is intended for students who have a strong background in automobile diagnosis and repair from their A.A.S. degree and from work experience. Students who will do well in this emphasis area will possess an outgoing personality, some interpersonal communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment, and are seeking a career in automotive management, technical sales, customer service, etc.
All graduates of this program have multiple job/career opportunities; however, new or prospective students need to realize that many jobs require them to move to another state for employment.
Students in this program are actively recruited for sales, marketing, customer service, and managerial training internship positions between their junior and senior years with a possibility of being hired upon graduation by the following industries:
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as Toyota, Honda, Acura, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Nissan, Cummins, etc.
- Aftermarket Management Industry such as Manheim, Sterling Collision, MHC Kenworth, etc.
- Service/Parts Management and Marketing Industry such as automotive dealerships, parts houses, independent shops, etc.
- Government, state, county, city, and private vehicle fleets for fleet management and shop management.
- Private and public schools or industries for technical training positions.
A double major or a minor in Technical Sales is also available and highly recommended for those seeking automotive technical sales, marketing, and managerial positions for a career. Either option requires15 additional credit hours of school work.