1987 - 2013
The Weber State University Automotive Contest is an annual contest for high school automotive students. Top scoring automotive high school seniors from Utah and the surrounding states come to compete for scholarships, tools, and a vehicle for their school. The contest was started in 1987, and was coordinated for 17 years (1988-2004) by Rondo Erickson as a recruiting tool for the WSU Automotive Technology Program.
The Next WSU Contest is Scheduled for:
February 13, 2014: Hands-On Championship Round
(Seniors Only - The top 24 schools were chosen by the top two scoring seniors in the written contest from each school)
- 10:30 a.m. Registration in 214
- 12:00 p.m. Contest Begins
- 3:40 p.m. Contest Ends
- 5:00 p.m. Awards Banquet
- View the Technical Education Building Automotive Shop Layout
The contest has two parts; a written test and a skills / Hands-on portion.
- The written contest consists of a 49 question exam which covers five ASE areas (A4, A5, A6, A8, C1) and shop safety and pollution prevention. The contest takes approximately three hours. There is an awards ceremony afterwards where the top 24 schools will be invited to return to the hands-on competition.
- The Hands on contest features 12 workstations which cover the same five ASE areas and shop safety and pollution prevention. The competition lasts nearly 4 hours. There is an awards banquet afterwards.
February 5-9, 2014: California Educational Trip w/NHRA Winternationals (Contest participants only).
WSU Automotive Contest Winners 1987 - 2013