Automotive Technology Department Facilities
The Technical Education Building houses the Automotive Service Technology shops shown on the right side of the photograph (above) and the left side of the photograph (below). There are five separate shop spaces contained within the building with over 55,000 square feet of space. Contact the Automotive Department if your training organization wishes to rent our facilities for short-term automotive training purposes.
Students enrolled in the Chrysler CAP, Ford MLR, General Motors ASEP, WSU Collision Repair, and ATEP Associate Degree programs and the B.S. Degree programs have their classroom lectures and perform their hands-on lab work in this building. The automotive technology department has over 50 vehicles from 5 different vehicle manufacturers donated for hands-on lab work
Parking and Location A parking permit is required to park at WSU. Students must purchase a parking permit to park at WSU. Students may not park their vehicles in the A3 parking lot without an A3 permit. Students may not park their vehicles in automotive shops at any time unless their vehicle is being used as part of a class or as part of an open shop night.
Visitors may obtain a permit for the A2 parking lot at the information booth located in front of WSU between the two turnabouts. See the WSU map (We are 22 TE on the map) for our location, the parking lot location, and the location of the information booth (13 IN on the map). Do not park in the A3 parking lot or your vehicle will be ticketed.
- Shops TE 215 - TE 219
- Shop phone number: 801-626-6325
A view of the Technical Education building from the North side of the building. The shops and A3 parking lot are actually the second floor of the building since it is built on a hill.
A view of the Technical Education building from the southwest side of the building. The automotive offices, shops and A3 parking lot are actually the second floor of the building since it is built on a hill. The A2 parking lot is partially shown here, there are also some metered pay parking spots in this lot.
Take a tour of our shops
Click on the following room number links to take a tour of our shop areas and equipment.
- TE-201 - Automotive Technology Department Offices
Automotive Lab Areas
- TE-214 - Advanced Vehicles, Hybrid and Alternate Fuels Classroom for our BS Degree Program
- TE-215 - Engine Mechanical (ASE A1) and Electrical Systems (ASE A8) Lab areas
- TE-216 South - (ASE areas A6, A7, and A8)
- TE-217 - Brakes (ASE A5), Steering and Suspension Lab Area (ASE A4)
- TE-217D - The Main Tool storage room
- TE-218 North - Air Conditioning (ASE A7) and Engine Performance (ASE A6) Lab areas
- TE-218 South - Automatic Transmission (ASE A2) and Manual Drivetrain Lab (ASE A3) Areas
- TE-219 - Collision Repair shop area (ASE areas B2, B3, B4, B5 and B6)
Factory Training Centers:
- TE-208 - Chrysler Training Center for dealership technicians.
- TE-215E - General Motors Training Center for dealership technicians.
- TE-216 North - Toyota Training Center for dealership technicians.