Athletic Therapy Major Admissions Process
- Before a student can be considered for the Athletic Therapy program, the following application requirements must be met:
- Admission to Weber State University.
- Submit an Athletic Therapy Student Application and student transcript which demonstrates the following:
- Completion of 25 credit hours with a minimum 3.00 Weber State University GPA. Of these 25 credits, the students must demonstrate completion of
- HTHS 1110 and HTHS 1111 or ZOOL 2100 and ZOOL 2200
- NUTR 1020 LS
- PSY 1010 SS
- AT 3300 (completed) and AT 3301 (enrolled in, but does not have to be completed)
- Grade “B-” or better in all Athletic Therapy major courses and “C” or better in support courses and electives.
- Download the application: Athletic Therapy Program Admissions Application.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling admissions basis. Students who fail to meet admission requirements will not be allowed to enroll in AT 4150, AT 4250, AT 4650, or AT 4800.
- Once you have completed the application and the required courses, please contact the Program Director, Valerie Herzog (ValerieHerzog@weber.edu), to set up a meeting.
- After students are selected into the Athletic Therapy Major, retention in the program will be based on the following criteria:
- Grade “B-” or better in all athletic therapy major courses.
- Grade “C” or better in all the support courses and electives.
- Students must maintain an overall Weber State University GPA of 3.0 or higher in all courses required for this major.
- Students who fail to meet the retention criteria will be placed on probation in the Athletic Therapy major for one semester. If standards are not met by the end of the probationary period, the student may be dismissed from the major at the discretion of the program director.
- Students who receive any grade below a “B-” in an athletic therapy major course must repeat that course and receive a grade of “B-” or higher to remain in the major.
- Students who receive any grade below a “C” in an athletic therapy support course or elective must repeat that course and receive a grade of “C” or higher to remain in the major.
- Failure to repeat the course (when offered) will result in dismissal from the program at the discretion of the program director.