Swim Lesson Expectations
WHAT MY TEACHER EXPECTS OF ME:
- Be on time.
- Takes a soap shower prior to entering pool each class.
- Have my hair tied back (if necessary).
- Remove all objects from my mouth
- Have a positive can-do attitude.
- Bring my own goggles if I want them, the pool will not provide goggles.
WHAT MY TEACHER EXPECTS OF MY PARENTS:
- Observe the class as often as possible from the deck above the pool.
- Observe without correction or negative comments.
- Deliver the student on time.
- Pick up the student on time.
- Be enthusiastic about all the progress (however small).
- Observe the class from the observation deck above the pool during each class
- Available by stairs or by elevator
WHAT I CAN EXPECT OF MY TEACHER:
- Explain and demonstrate each skill.
- Give positive reinforcement and corrective feedback.
- Use games whenever they can help students learn.
- Start and end class on time.
WHAT PARENTS CAN EXPECT OF THE TEACHER:
- Be on time and teach for the full class period.
- Keep the FUN in FUNdamentals and give each student an equal opportunity to learn.
- Provide reports and answers about any student's progress at an appropriate time.
- Provide a safe place for learning.