Apply to be an Ambassador
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2015. The following six application requirements must be done and submitted to our office on or before that date, not just postmarked!
- Be admitted to WSU. Click here to access the online admissions application, fill it out and submit with the application fee. The application fee can be accepted online with a credit card or by calling the Cashiers Office at (801) 626-8006. Weber State also requires an official transcript sent from your school and ACT/SAT test scores.
- Submit the online Ambassador Application. Please click this link to access the Ambassador Application.
- Personal Essay (one page). Use this page to tell us about yourself and your character traits (experience and leadership history should be saved for your resume). Explain why you want to attend Weber State and specifically why you want to be an Ambassador. This would also be a good opportunity to express how your previous experience has prepared you to become an outstanding representative of Weber State University.
- Resume (preferably one page). Please be advised to be selective in the items included in your resume. Include activities you feel make you stand out as a high-energy student and why you would be an asset as a student representative WSU. It would also be advised to put the most relative experience towards the top and avoid writing your resume in letter format.
- “ME” page. This is your opportunity to differentiate yourself from the other candidates. On a standard 8.5 x 11 inch page, show us who you are through photographs, pictures, art, and/or other means. You have been given the artistic license to make your “Me” page whatever you want it to be. Show us who you are and how creative you can be. Have fun with this one!
- Three references. These references should be individuals that are very familiar with you and what you are applying for. It is recommended you choose people from a variety of different sources including teachers, coaches, advisors, work supervisors, community leaders, religious leaders, etc. You DO NOT need to include a letter of recommendation. All that is required is the name of your reference, phone number, email address (one they check frequently), and how they know you. We may or may not contact these individuals.
How Applications Are Rated
- leadership involvement
- evidence that you are a high-energy individual as well as a team player
- dedication/desire to represent Weber State
- work ethic
Mail Applications To:
Office of Admissions
c/o Ambassador Scholarship Committee
3885 West Campus Drive
Ogden, UT 84408-1103
After reviewing your application, we will select and interview finalists. Good luck, let us know if you have any questions!
Senior Admissions Advisor