The deadline for general submissions is
Ælurus welcomes submissions of unpublished Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction, Scholarly Papers, Poetry, Book Reviews, and Interviews. We publish work from MEng graduate students and MEng alumni of Weber State University. Please read the following guidelines before submitting your work.
Ælurus is published annually during the spring semester. If your work is selected, Ælurus editorial staff will contact you with any editorial recommendations or revisions. It is your responsibility to respond with your changes by the indicated deadline if you wish to have your work included in the publication.
Ælurus accepts submissions in the following categories:
- Fiction -- Short Stories, Flash Fiction
- Non-Fiction -- Creative Non-Fiction, Scholarly Articles, Interviews, Book Reviews
Please be sure your submission conforms to the following guidelines:
|Flash Fiction (Contest entries)||Up to 500 words|
|Up to 3000 words|
|Scholarly Papers||Up to 4000 words, PLUS Citations/Sources|
|Poetry||Up to 5 poems (each 50 lines or less)|
Books AFTER July 1, 2013
|Up to 700 words|
All work should be submitted in a digital format compatible with Microsoft Word or a basic text editor (.doc, .docx, .rtf, etc). Please format your file using Times New Roman, 12 pt, double-spaced, with 1-inch margins. Submit work electronically following the instructions below. You may include a brief (50 word) biographical note in your submission if you would like one to appear in the journal.
Ælurus accepts simultaneous submissions. If your work is accepted elsewhere, please notify us immediately so we can remove your submission from review.
Email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line "2014 Aelurus submission" and including the following information in the body of the email:
- Full Name
- Category (Flash Fiction, Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction, Scholarly Article, Poetry, Interview, Book Review)
- Title of Piece
- Word Count / Line Count
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Class Standing (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th+ years in program, or Alumni and graduation year)
Be sure that you have done the following:
- No personal information on submission: only the title
- Additional pages are titled (if applicable)
- All pages are numbered (if applicable)
- Only attach one submission to each email. You are welcome to submit multiple pieces in various categories but please do so in separate emails.