skip to content
  • Calendar
  • Maps

Step 1:
Create Your eWeber Account

Once you’ve received your WSU acceptance letter, create your eWeber account.

Create Your eWeber Account

What is eWeber?

eWeber is WSU’s online student portal. Your eWeber account allows you to:

  • Register for classes
  • Check your transcript
  • Use CatTracks to track your progress to graduation
  • Access your student e-mail account
  • Check your financial aid status
  • Pay tuition
  • Review your grades
  • Perform many other tasks related to your education at WSU


What is a Wildcat ID?
A Wildcat ID (WCID) is the username that is created for you when you apply for admission to WSU. You will use your WCID to log into your eWeber portal.
What is a "W" number?
To protect your identity, your "W" number has replaced your Social Security Number within the university’s tracking system. It is an eight-digit number preceded by a "W"; for example, W12345678. You can locate your "W" number in the eWeber portal in the "Personal Profile" channel.
What is Wildcat (student) email?
Wildcat Mail is the name of our g-mail student email system. You automatically receive a Wildcat Mail address when you apply.

Check your Wildcat e-mail account regularly.

Wildcat Mail is the name of our Gmail student email system. You received a Wildcat Mail address when you applied. Once you’re admitted, the personal email address you provided on your application is no longer used by WSU. Check your Wildcat Mail frequently or forward it to an account you check often, as it is used for official communication from the university (financial aid, professors, etc.).

Step 2:
Prepare Your Finances

Apply for financial aid and scholarships. There are priority deadlines, but you can apply anytime.

What financial support is offered?

WSU provides more than $100 million in financial support to students every year. Monthly payment programs and jobs can also help you pay for your classes. Below are resources that may be available for you.

Financial Aid

This is a federal program that provides monetary support in the form of grants, loans and work study.


When you were admitted to WSU, you were automatically considered for WSU academic scholarships. To be considered for all other WSU scholarships, the next step is to complete the online application.

Dream Weber Program

This program provides free tuition and fees to students whose annual household income is $27,000 or less.

Supplemental Grant Aid

This federally funded program provides supplemental assistance for low-income, first-generation or physically challenged students who currently have a Pell Grant.

Monthly Payment Plan

This is a payment program that allows you to pay tuition in installments.


Many students work while attending classes. Career Services can help you search for jobs, as well as provide you with information about careers.


What is a scholarship?
A scholarship is a form of financial aid that helps you pay for your education. Unlike a student loan, a scholarship does not have to be repaid. Sometimes special conditions must be met to maintain a scholarship.
What is a loan?
A student loan is a form of financial aid that must be repaid.
What is a grant?
Grants are forms of financial aid, based on need, which you do not have to repay. Grants are generally given by state and federal government.
How do I apply for financial aid?
You need to complete the FAFSA and WSU Applications to apply for financial aid. Visit the Apply for Federal Aid page for details.
How do I apply for scholarships?
You can apply for most scholarships by completing the scholarship application within your eWeber portal after you have been admitted as a student. Talk to your advisor about possible departmental scholarships that you might qualify for. Visit the About Scholarships page to learn more.

Paying for Classes

Once you have registered for classes, you are assessed tuition and fees based on the number of credits for which you have registered. Tuition must be paid on time to avoid a late fee. If you do not attend a class and do not officially drop the course, you are still responsible for the full tuition.

Pay Tuition & Fees Online

About Tuition & Fees

Payment Deadlines

Monthly Payment Plan

Additional Resources

Financial Aid Office

Scholarship Office

International Student Services

Multicultural Student Center

Nontraditional Student Center

Women’s Center

Services for Veteran Students

Step 3:
Review Your Math and English Placement

Your admissions letter suggests appropriate math and English courses to start your academic career.

Math & English Placement

Course Placement

Your admissions letter reflects initial math and English placement, the most current and accurate placement can be found in CatTracks. Go to to learn more.


For a complete overview of Weber State University’s math and English placement policy visit

Yes. If you expect to place into Math 1010 or below, you should take the Math Mastery test.
If you expect to place into Math 1030 or above, you should take the Accuplacer test.
Try the self-assessments to help you make an informed choice of test.
Any questions? Email or call 801-626-7451.

Visit developmental math for more information on developmental math courses.
Any questions? Email or call 801-626-7451.
No problem, your math and English placement is available in WSU’s online advising tool, CatTracks.
In certain conditions your placement expires. You will want to review the math placement standards for specific information.
Any questions? Email or call 801-626-7451.
Visit Developmental Math for step-by-step instructions to find the best math class for you.

Developmental English

Developmental Math

Math Mastery Exam

WSU Catalog

Step 4:
Sign Up for Orientation

All new students should attend an orientation session. Sessions are held throughout the year to accommodate students starting fall, spring or summer semesters.

What happens at orientation?

You will:

  • Meet your academic advisor;
  • Meet other students and make new friends;
  • Get familiar with campus;
  • Get acquainted with clubs, organizations, student services and departments;
  • Organize a class schedule and register for classes with help from your advisor

Sessions for Transfer and Returning Students

Transfer and returning students often have specific needs that differ
from those of incoming freshmen just out of high school. Come to a
New Student Orientation session designed just for you.

Register for Orientation


When is orientation?
Orientations are held before the start of classes for Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. View the orientation schedule and register to attend.
How long is orientation?
The length of orientations can vary depending on which one you register for. Go to for a schedule and more information.
Is orientation required?
Yes, all new students should attend an Orientation session. A variety of options, including online orientation, are available at
I don’t live in Utah, and I won’t be there until school starts. What do I do?
WSU offers online orientations for those who can’t make it on campus. Go to for a schedule and more information.
I went to WSU a few years ago and am coming back. Do I need orientation?
You are welcome to attend if you need a refresher, but meeting with your advisor is probably a better idea.
Who can I call if I have specific questions?
You can call the admissions office at 801-626-6050.

Orientation Information

Testing Center

Step 5:
Meet with an Advisor

WSU advisors know the specific courses you need to complete your degree and are key to your academic success.

Advising options are:

  • Meet with an advisor at your new student orientation
  • Schedule an appointment with your major advisor
  • Visit Career Services to explore programs and careers that interest you.

Find Advisors by Major

Student Success Center

Enrollment Services - Davis

Career Services


Who is my advisor?
Your advisor is based on your major. See the advisor list to find out who your advisor is.
Why do I need to see an advisor?
Content for class "content" id "step5b" Goes Here Your advisor can help you put together a plan toward graduation.
What if I change my major? Do I get a new advisor?
Yes. You will need to meet with the advisor for your new major. You can find their contact information on our advisor list page.


CatTracks is WSU’s online advising tool which helps you track your progress to graduation.

login to CatTracks

CatTracks FAQs

Majors & Programs

Step 6:
Register for Classes

Use CatTracks (online advising tool) and consult with your academic advisor to determine the courses you need to meet your degree requirements.

To register for classes:

  • Go to Register for Classes (Add/Drop) and select the term for which you want to register from the drop-down menu.
  • Read and agree to the tuition and fee statement.
  • Click on "Class Search" for a search tool to help you find your classes.
  • Follow the prompts to select the classes you want.

Register for Classes

Find Advisors by Major


Paying for Classes

Where can I get help?

If you are having difficulties, visit the Registrar’s Solution Center on the first floor of the Student Services Center or call 801-626-6100.

Registrar’s Solution Center

On Track to Graduation

Graduate on Time & Get Ahead

School is expensive. But on average, if you take 15 credits each semester, you’ll graduate on time and save money.

15 to Finish


When can I register for clasess?
Check your registration appointment in your eWeber portal.
What classes do I need?
Use the Cattracks tool or talk to an advisor
Where do I register if I don’t have a computer?
You could use a computer lab here on campus or come to the registration window in the Student Services Building.
What if a class I need is full?
Keep checking online. Classes open up all the time. If you can’t register for it by the time classes start, go to the class and speak with the professor.
Who do I speak with about a hold on my registration?
Questions about registration holds should be directed to Terry Wright at 626-6645 or
Where is the campus map?
Check out the Weber State Map on the web.

Now that You’re Enrolled, Get Ready for School

Academic Calendar

Wildcard (Student ID)

Your Wildcard gives you access to the library, testing center, computer labs, health center, veterans’ benefits, the gym and athletic events.

Wildcard Services

Getting Around Campus

Explore your parking options at WSU.

Campus Parking

Campus Map

UTA Ed Pass

Take advantage of public transportation at a significantly discounted rate.

UTA Ed Pass

Books and School Supplies

Get everything from books to computers to art supplies at Campus Stores. Purchase online or in person.

Campus Stores

WSU Disclosures

To comply with Federal, State and Institutional rules, there are important disclosures that you should be aware of. WSU has located this important information in one central website, and we
encourage you to review it.

WSU Disclosures